free hit
counters
Ceramic coating wheels - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ceramic coating wheels

• Gold FFM

I just had a set of wheels for the Evora refurbished. Have yet to fit them to the car but was thinking it might be worth ceramic coating them before I do to aid in keeping them clean.

I've ordered some G Techniq C5. Instructions seem simple enough. Given the wheels are already clean is it really as simple as it seems? Wipe down with some alcohol/ few drops on the cotton pad and wipe over half a wheel at a time and them rub off with a micro fibre?

Anything to watch out for?

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, hamza said:

I just had a set of wheels for the Evora refurbished. Have yet to fit them to the car but was thinking it might be worth ceramic coating them before I do to aid in keeping them clean.

I've ordered some G Techniq C5. Instructions seem simple enough. Given the wheels are already clean is it really as simple as it seems? Wipe down with some alcohol/ few drops on the cotton pad and wipe over half a wheel at a time and them rub off with a micro fibre?

Anything to watch out for?

Thanks!

Yes using a panel wipe first is a good idea as this removes any grease from the surface. Then apply the coating as directed.  Use new microfibre cloths and throw them away after use. 

ValetPRO 24Plus is also an option for applying ceramic coatings to wheels.

All the Best

Greg

“Panel wipe” is the product G-Techniq instruct to use before you put the sealant on. It’s easy - de-greaser substance.

Instructions for G5 are clear enough (although I always seem to need more cotton wool pads than they provide). From memory the product goes off after opening, so not much point trying to save any for later use (?)z

Edited by mik

• 1 month later...
On 01/08/2022 at 13:23, hamza said:

Thanks Greg.

I don't have any panel wipes. Best to get some or will some alcohol on a clean microfibre cloth be good enough?

Yes Alcohol/ isopropyl diluted 1:4 with water will do the job with a micro fibre.  This is what we basically use.

Sorry for the later reply.  Been busy recently and not been on here much.  But will be back more frequently for now on.

• Like 1

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM

Thanks. I ended up getting some Panel Wipe in the end anyway and using that. 

Was a fairly easy job in the end and I did two coats of the ceramic just in case. 

Now to wait and see if it was worth it and makes much of a difference in keeping them clean!