free hit
counters
Early S2 K Series - Something Missing??? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Early S2 K Series - Something Missing???

Feeling stupid just now - showing someone my car at the weekend and overall they seemed impressed having never seen a Lotus up close. However, when digging around the engine bay they queried what was missing from the left hand side of the engine, at the point where I can see the camshaft seals. I'd never really thought about it before but the guy pointed out there must be something missing as there were clearly two tapped bolt holes and what looks like a flat, machined gasket face. I just said quite innocently that it's always been like this but if I'm honest, I can't remember and I'm now worried if I'm missing a cover.

Any reassurance would be welcome as the car runs brilliantly without issue but if I'm missing a cover, I'd like to find one and fit it.

Many thanks

Simon

22.08.01 K Series Elise.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a few K series engines in my history, this image is from Rimmerbros 1.8 ZR engine chart....  I'd say item 15 is missing - this is cylinder 4 end of the engine.

On my 1.8 ZR there are 2 plates - 1 is just a blank thing, the other is a blank plate with an extra bit to hold some wires.

image.jpeg.b2bc6488ca986161e26aa076a117820f.jpeg

eg left of pic is the exhaust side.

image.thumb.jpeg.c529c3567f782671fd24424fe5cf03fc.jpeg

Thanks guys - that’s really useful. 
I’m glad there’s nothing serious missing but I do prefer the look of the face finished with a cover - looks neater, but perhaps not as Lotus intended - most odd!