free hit
counters
Esprit S4S | Spotted - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


IGNORED

Esprit S4S | Spotted


jonwat

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cluggers has gone in a little strong on the pricing of that one, I think it may take a while to sell! 

  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I owned an S4S identical to this one. I'm sure the S4S decals were standard fitting in both quarter window glass. Why would anyone remove these? Is this an S4S? The picture of the engine bay shows the "Sport" plate fixed on top. The colour of the plate is different to the rocker covers. The interior shows no map pocket on the tunnel on the drivers side, which I believe was standard. I had one on the passenger side tunnel carpet also. Maybe a check with Graham to confirm it really is an S4S. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Royal said:

The colour of the plate is different to the rocker covers. The interior shows no map pocket on the tunnel on the drivers side

I agree on the different colour of the Lotus Sport plate & cam covers but my '95 S4s had no map pockets on the chassis tunnel 🤔 

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Royal said:

I owned an S4S identical to this one. I'm sure the S4S decals were standard fitting in both quarter window glass. Why would anyone remove these? Is this an S4S? The picture of the engine bay shows the "Sport" plate fixed on top. The colour of the plate is different to the rocker covers. The interior shows no map pocket on the tunnel on the drivers side, which I believe was standard. I had one on the passenger side tunnel carpet also. Maybe a check with Graham to confirm it really is an S4S. 

The side and rear quarter glass windows have been tinted so the decals were probably removed when these were done. Rear & front side lights have been tinted too. No idea why someone would do this……it’s wasting what is a fantastic car otherwise. The Sport plate on the the plenum chamber looks the same as what I had on my old S4s. No map pocket in my S4s either. Was yours maybe an early one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The red wrinkle finish on the engine fades with time, and the difference in colour of the charge cooler plate is normal. Of course a new plate may have been fitted at some point. No map pockets on the S4s, only the cubby hole between the seats. And yes, the S4s decals were fitted to the rear quarter windows, it's the only script on car that identifies the model. Looks to be in VGC, but the price?

Margate Exotics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@stephenwhyte - Yes, mine was 1992. The only blemish I can see on this one is the wear on the right bolster of the drivers seat. Otherwise a beauty. Bit “toppy” on the price I agree, but I’d buy it and re-commission it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Royal said:

@stephenwhyte - Yes, mine was 1992. The only blemish I can see on this one is the wear on the right bolster of the drivers seat. Otherwise a beauty. Bit “toppy” on the price I agree, but I’d buy it and re-commission it.

Can’t be 1992…….typo?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

I just baffles me how a beautiful car that's such a pleasure to drive can sit virtually unused for 25+ years!

  • Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...