free hit
counters
The personal touch drives Ferrari to a record profit - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The personal touch drives Ferrari to a record profit

Just how would you like your Ferrari? Regular rosso paintwork or showing off the carbon composites? Standard rims or 20in forged matt racing wheels? Titanium exhaust pipes? Daytona racing seats? Rev counter in aluminium, white, yellow or red? The name of your model embroidered into the carpet?

They may only be the little things in life but such personalisations are driving the Italian supercar maker to record profits. Ferrari delivered 29 per cent more cars in the last trading quarter, its 3,455 sales bringing in revenues 25 per cent better at €1.3 billion and net profits up 22 per cent at €251 million. Forecasts for the year are now for higher profits of €1.165 billion on revenues of €4.9 billion. Analysts expect production to exceed 13,000 vehicles this year.

The company credited the improved performance on a “stronger contribution from personalisations.”

Ferrari’s performance would have been watched closely by Aston Martin because it is the brand the British manufacturer aspires to compete with. Aston employs 3,000 people, mostly in Warwickshire and south Wales. In the first half of the year, its volumes fell 8 per cent to 2,676 — despite full-year targets of 6,600 — for revenues of £541 million and a loss of £285 million.

Coming down the track for Ferrari is the Purosangue, a €300,000 plug-in hybrid 4x4 due later this year, and a new €2 million Daytona, which will have the most powerful engine Maranello has ever put on a public highway.

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That makes the average prices around £350k. Are Ferrari's really that much new nowaday?! :ninja:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I bet even their cheaper models, Roma (£170K), F8 (£203K) etc.,  typically come in at £200-250K once options have been added. I can completely believe the Ferrari average comes in north of £300K once you factor in the models with la la land pricing to find a mean retail figure. I know Geely want Lotus to be the Ferrari in their stable, but I think they're many, many years from being at that point. Not a bad thing for most people, however - we'd be priced out of pretty much every point in the model range were that to happen!

Geely have Porsche in their sights, I too think Ferrari would be a bit ambitious for now! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 03/08/2022 at 14:34, Bibs said:

That makes the average prices around £350k. Are Ferrari's really that much new nowaday?! :ninja:

That doesn't include the "dealer tax" that dealers charge for the "privilege" of being on the list to buy a new model. 🙄

Would that include a brown envelope? :blink:

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

I think it usually more subtle like having already bought X number of cars before or agreeing to also buy some other cars that don't sell as easily.

• Like 1

Usually everything BUT the brown envelope. Like "sure, we'll get you on the list for an SF90 so long as you trade us your 488 for peanuts and buy this overpriced California until your marked-up Roma comes in. Then we'll really see how much you want the Stradale." :devil:

On 03/08/2022 at 20:34, Bibs said:

I imagine the revenue includes sales of spares and merchandising.

Anyway, not all is sunshine and happiness in Ferrari land.   See this Road and Track article.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE