free hit
counters
chassis number mistery - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

chassis number mistery

lotus-62

can somebody shine a light on this?   black stevens body from JUN 87,  (pre production?)   chassis number SCC 082 DEV  HHH 10005    

Jun87 (dutch reg. date) must be G-body, was this a test car? or is the date wrong? 

294440992_7658228777584410_1683359495766019640_n.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

rebodied car?

• Gold FFM

There’s one that’s sure worth getting a certificate from lotus on. Almost sure to be an early test car.

Only here once

@brian_gt4 may be able to shed some light? 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

The date code in the VIN is consistent with a 87 build. The engine type being 'DEV' instead of 910 seems to indicate it was indeed a development car.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

It does look like it is a Development or Pre Production X180. Can you post a clearer picture of the Engine No. ?

The production ROW X180 started in October 87. The VIN is from 87 MY built cars.

The production X180 cars were 88 MY

Does it have a Renault Transmission?

• Like 1

had contact with the owner today, it is indeed a pré production X180.  chassis Nr 5.  very likely the first LHD stevens esprit.  

• Like 2