free hit
counters
Does anyone know this car.. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Does anyone know this car..

Pav

Hi all - I am somewhat interested in the Car and Classic listing below. Wondering if it’s owned by anyone on here, now or previously. Generally does anyone know the car, can vouch for the provenance, opinions, etc. I have enquired about the engine rebuild, as I thought detail on that seemed a little scant in the listing:

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1986-lotus-esprit-series-3-turbo-nPzra8

Thanks in advance (and apologies if posted in wrong place, mods please move.)

Pav

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Nice enough looking car, if a bit 'play worn' around some of the edges in the close up pics. Not sure about that 2 tone interior personally but it's not as offensive as some retrims I've seen...

Looks like the alternator light is on in at least one of the photos even though the car is running?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Thanks. Agree the interior is a little irksome. Should the decals be red, or did they come in black as well. Also the rear slats look a bit OTT in white to me. Should they be black? Feels like an ‘at the right price could be interesting’ car. Not really my thing but will keep an eye.

Looks like it's been resprayed in places. Panel fit looks questionable e.g front & rear spoilers. It's got the wrong side repeaters, decals not quite right, re-trim not the best and the two tone scheme looks a bit 1970s kit car. The rear louvres should almost certainly be in black although the factory did one or two in white or red to match the bodywork.

Not a bad looking car but not quite spot on. Suspect many who bid may not realise how it's deviated from standard and so it will probably go for 2 to 3x the current bid of £11k.

• Gold FFM

This was for sale last year. It was at Cotswold Classic Cars for many months and then it was auctioned off in the Summer.

Some links:

When it was for sale at dealer last year: https://www.cotswoldclassiccarrestorations.co.uk/for-sale/lotus-esprit-turbo/

When it sold at auction last summer: https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2021-09-25/cars/ref-76-1986-lotus-esprit-turbo-dg/

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

MOT check show the car has hardly seen any use the last 15 years or so, with 5 year gaps and almost no miles added (as mentioned in the ad as well). Likely a previous owner is responsible for the engine rebuild and retrim.

I like the two tone interior, even if it's not perfect. Same for the exterior, a few bits and bobs but looks presentable and most importantly usable. The warning light looks to me like seatbelt, not alternator, so no worries there.

As said, interesting for the right price, curious to see how much she'll go.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

£37520 less than a year ago. May struggle to get that again

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

Seatbelt warning in one pic but alternator in another.

Indeed, well spotted! Maybe that pic was taken just after start up and the alternator needs some revs before it starts charging.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.