free hit
counters
Perhaps we need a Wiki of available bodges - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Perhaps we need a Wiki of available bodges

There are over time lots of things that become commonplace and are known to work, occasionally you'll pioneer one and it will then either fail or work far better than ever expected ( @Bibs  may recall seeing his gearshift cables pounded with hammers, grease packed in and then covered with tape. That was supposed to get him about for a couple of days).

So, how about this one, for those with the Lucas Dissy.?

The bottom cap clip is known to be a bit problematic, if you do a few awkward things it can fall out and then drop to the floor or crop and not reach the floor (which is often worse) but even if you find it, you then have to get a clip in that comes in from the back. So, how to avoid this?

Take the dust shield that sits around the rotor arm, apply silicone sealer on both the inside flange of the shields so as to attach it to the ali casting of the dissy, and on the flange that sits in the dissy cap.

Anybody sold on the above bodge?

I hope not.

I've just encountered it and it's not fun.  so perhaps we wouldn't include this  in the "acceptable" list.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When you cant find a rawl nut a rawl plug will do.............or not.

11042010240.jpg

• Gold FFM

Oh, the tales I could tell...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Apparently you don't need all 8 e-Torx head bolts to hold down the cam tower :rolleyes:

PXL_20210112_191927205.thumb.jpg.277f734a225df336db59a8bcd2648a63.jpg

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Gold FFM

Not Lotus, but still my all-time favourite discovered bodge - holed sump repair on a Mercedes.

IMAG1309.thumb.jpg.a35e05ee5f9aac4d8ca4e834b7e314c8.jpg

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.