free hit
counters
Headlight Spec question (S2 primarily) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Headlight Spec question (S2 primarily)

Go to solution Solved by CarBuff,

I have 3 Esprits, a LHD '79 S2 "World Championship" edition (Federal/California model), a LHD '83 Turbo Esprit. I'm considering brining both from the US to NZ.

My issue is the headlights - they must be swapped for RHD to bring them to NZ. I have read various things about 5 3/4" lights, and 6" lights but haven't found anything specific that states what came on what models, other than it seems the S3/Turbo are the ones with 6" lights? I see LED kits can be purchased for those models, but what about the S2?

Ideally I would like LED lights in the S2, but first and foremost I need RHD lights in it to compliance it in NZ, but am unsure of the size, and given it's in the US and I'm now in NZ going and looking/measuring is tricky!

Any help is appreciated.

Dino

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headlamp bulbs of the era are handed, as optics for low beam pattern will have light distribution rising higher to the right for LHD cars in order to enhance visibility of road signs. These would be unfortunate if used in UK configured motoring as they would be throwing light into oncoming drivers' eyes. Lamps for either are interchangeable, so check before driving.

Cheers