free hit
counters
Cataracts \ Eye Surgery - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cataracts \ Eye Surgery

Sparky

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So far so good - can sit in front of a computer for the first time for more than 5 minutes, so long as the websites are in Dark Mode via this plugin - which is great.

image.png

Very uncomfortable last night - World Service was good to listen to, but the news gets a bit repetitive. Right eye still blurred - cannot look at anything bright without sunglasses - then I can't read. I doubt that I will be able to work tomorrow (programmer) as the software I'll be using is very old without a dark mode.

Day-time TV is bloody awful. Could only listen this morning as couldn't look at it, this afternoon can view, but only in sunglasses. The number of adverts is ridiculous and repetitive.

• Gold FFM
On 13/09/2022 at 13:57, Sparky said:

Hope it went OK!  Well, at least better than my cluster f*ck.

The laceration is now mending well, but I still have inflammation and vison isn't as good as my aother eye yet.  I'm informed this will improve but I'm doubtful.  Steroid and antibiotic drops every 3 hours.  Hope to see the surgeon again on Friday...

How did it go on Friday @Sparky. Looking (😁) positive ?

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

Right, here's the update.  Having been told for the last 2 weeks that I must see my surgeon again, they succeeded in putting me in front of 'NOT my surgeon' two weeks running.  The second guy I saw lit my fuse when he turned from my notes and asked me which eye I'd had done.  So I loudly questioned his credentials and parentage, screamed blue murder (emptying the waiting room and probably precipitating calls to emergency services) until my surgeon magically appeared in front of me.  At last, some sanity.  She was spot on, explained exactly what had happened and why, and we arrived at an exit strategy.  I have now stopped antibiotics but will still use steroid drops for another 20 days, whereupon I will return to my optician for a post-cataract test.  I shall then carry the resultant prescription to my surgeon on 18 October, and she will decide whether I can order my glasses, or I slide down the very last snake and we start all over again.  Simples!

On a bright note, most of the 'pink eye' has subsided, so I no longer have to endure so many knowing smirks.

• Confused 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Glad you managed to get seen by the correct surgeon in the end !!

Hopefully it will recover and be better than before the op by xmas. Good luck.

• Gold FFM

@Sparky at least you now have a clear vision strategy. Fingers crossed all be well at the end of the 20 days!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Well I'll add into this topic as today I had my first round of injections to numb some muscles in my face.

About a year ago I started having involuntary twitches in my left eye which grew to a "fluttering" in my inner ear and then about 6 months ago the corner of my mouth twitching and cheek spasms.

I finally got in for a consultation and it seems like I Hemifacial Spasms. It comes and goes but believe me, I have just about been about ready to jump off a bridge after 2 days of constant twitching and the noise in my ear wakes me up at night. 

Today I had my first round of treatment. Its not ideal as they inject Botox, not into the upper layers of skin of the face to smooth it out like in cosmetic proceedures, but deep into the muscles and nerves. After the first 3 under the eye, to the side and into my temple I was ready to say "Okay, stop now please I've changed my mind" but at that very time my ear started fluttering and I remembered why I was here!

After another 5 I was sort of used to it.

Downsides? Possible droopy eye and mouth, double vision for a while and it only last 3 months then I have to go back and do it all again.

Up sides, twitching has started to slow already.  

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The other downside is that they've injected toxin into your face to cause flaccid paralysis! Just saying! :lol:

Botulinum_toxin_3BTA.png

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped the drops today. Been driving for a week now - again no glasses required, picked up my new car last Friday, so timing was good.

Need to sort out opticians' appointment for a check-up of the lens, then book an operation for the other eye.

I still need to wear glasses to read a book, but I think that's because I've got one eye that still doesn't work very well.

• Gold FFM

Seven weeks in and I'm still on drops following an unfortunate infection.  Finally the visual acuity is almost there, but the eye pressure is a bit high, probably due to residual inflammation.  Eye test next week, followed by (hopefully) final meeting with my surgeon in a couple of weeks, after which I might, maybe, possibly get involved with a couple of outstanding cars...  It's been a journey.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Stopped the drops today. Been driving for a week now - again no glasses required, picked up my new car last Friday, so timing was good.

Need to sort out opticians' appointment for a check-up of the lens, then book an operation for the other eye.

I still need to wear glasses to read a book, but I think that's because I've got one eye that still doesn't work very well.

Are you showing off for the benefit of @Sparky 😂 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

He'll have had both done before I have one sorted!