free hit
counters
Clutch slave cylinder for my GT3 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Clutch slave cylinder for my GT3

I must replace my CLUTCH ACTUATOR of my Lotus Esprit GT3, perhaps the exacly name is clutch slave cylinder however is the actuator of the clutch on the rear of the car near the gear-box

I know that this is a part that fit in other car (LANDROVER or RENAULT perhaps), so please let me know the correctly part to replace and if you have other info for be sure to the correctly part.......please if is possible let me know also a code of the other part ( I have seen also the excel file with the other parts for the ESPRIT but is not specificated the correctly code part, the land rover dealer is not sure because there 3 different part and is not necessary order all 3)...

thanks for a prompt reply

Alessandro

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you check the parts cross reference on this forum?

it gives some info on what landrover models

i think it is same as triumph tr7 but not sure; you might have to use the old rod

however, the seal kit is the same and is very cheap and easy

of course, you can always order from SJ

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

I have seen on sj but I dont' know there are 2 different slave cylinder:

Clutch | Hydraulic components

SLAVE CYLINDER (Lotus) Early V8 and all 4 cylinder cars with Renault transmission. A082Q6031F EACH 62.38

Clutch | Hydraulic components

SLAVE CYLINDER 1988 to 1996 4 Cylinder cars only. SJ082Q0008 EACH 39.75

what you think?? one is genuine lotus part, the other is Sj part......however if you know, on ebay.co.uk, there are many tipe of slave cylinder for landrover and if it fit on my car I will save about 40 GBP

let me know...I don't know the exactly code or also seeing the photo I don't know if is the same

let me knwo if someone have bought a landrover or other part same

thanks

Hi Alessandro

This is the one I bought off ebay for mine its off a series 2 and 2a Land Rover.

clicky

It seemed to be a perfect match for my old one, and I believe the same as the GT3 model according to the picture in the parts manual.

I do have a slightly different clutch system though due to the engine conversion,but its been working fine for me and only cost

Hi Alessandro

This is the one I bought off ebay for mine its off a series 2 and 2a Land Rover.

clicky

It seemed to be a perfect match for my old one, and I believe the same as the GT3 model according to the picture in the parts manual.

I do have a slightly different clutch system though due to the engine conversion,but its been working fine for me and only cost

As I've not actually fitted one to a GT3 I can't be 100% sure,but

here's a picture of my old one.

DSC00103.jpg

here's the land rover one.

landroverclutchslave.jpg

and here's the picture in the GT3 parts manual.

gt3clutchassy.jpg

The cylinder bore size in the land rover one was the same as in mine as were all the external dimensions and bolt holes, the only difference I could see was that mine was made of steel and the land rover one was aluminium.

In fact, I,m confident enough to say if you buy it and it doesn't fit I'll buy it off you and keep it for a spare :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

HI ALL

yesterday I have fitted the Clutch slave cyl. bought on ebay with the reccomand. of ANDY, the part was the same, but is necessary mod. the inner diam. if no the the clutch not work perfectly because is not all libruf.

so thanks ANDY,.....all mechanich however mods. the inside cyl. like the old part and it will work perfectly

thanks