free hit
counters
Speakers for an s2 and trim associated - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Speakers for an s2 and trim associated

I need some door speakers for my s2 as none were with the car . Can anyone recommend ones that fit to the  standard " hole " ? Decent quality ones preferred . 

The finishing trim ( the round surround and grill) is missing - any suggestions where i can get these ( car is a JPS s2 ) ??

Finally - is it worth fitting the dash speaker ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/09/2022 at 11:43, Djs44 said:

I need some door speakers for my s2 as none were with the car . Can anyone recommend ones that fit to the  standard " hole " ? Decent quality ones preferred . 

The finishing trim ( the round surround and grill) is missing - any suggestions where i can get these ( car is a JPS s2 ) ??

Anyone ? Bit boring here ....

Are they door speakers (as my S3 are) or bulkhead speakers?

I put these in my Esprit (door) - sound not brilliant, and my Excel (read seats), sound is great (along with the door speakers)

Bass Face SPL4.1 400W 4 inch Coaxial Car Speakers Pair : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I realise that they are no longer available - but thought I'd answer to give you an idea :thumbsup:

On 08/09/2022 at 03:43, Djs44 said:

Speakers were manufactures by SEAS in Scandinavia. Model was the lo FLG. The plastic trim was made by Lotus but no longer available, I 3d printed my own. The mesh is also used by some older stereo manufacturers but you will have to search around for it.

20200216_152439.jpg

20200218_114852.jpg

86738724_10221118270523597_1641279949249708032_o.jpg

20200218_115228.jpg

Here's the SEAS datasheet for the 1o FLG speaker. They class them as mid range tweeters so you will need the main speaker on the dash as well. http://www.seas.no/images/stories/vintage/pdfdataheet/from_the_70s_2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...