free hit
counters
HM Queen Elizabeth II - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

HM Queen Elizabeth II

Kimbers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

God bless Ma'am 

I spotted this in the media. Pathetic and disrespectful:

Labour peer Baroness Armstrong of Hill Top said: “I too associate myself with the wishes and prayers that people are making for the royal family.”

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Doesn't sound good.  Doctor's would never normally be so forthright with information, if they thought she had a chance.  They didn't when the Duke of Edinburgh was gravely ill 10 years ago.  I wish her the best.

God Bless the Queen.

Really hope she pulls through 🙏

The way the BBC are behaving is utterly disgusting 😠. They appear to be just waiting for the gravest of news with Huw Edwards dressed in a black suit and constant repetitive coverage.

She is the only monarch that the majority of us have ever known in our lifetime.  She's had a difficult few years, Harry and the failed actress with their shenanigans, Andrew and all the scandal and the worse thing, her Husband passing. She's only human and these things must have taken their toll on her.

Listening to the radio coverage today (Radio 2) I get the distinct feeling that we're being 'geared up' for the inevitable announcement... I hope not, and I hope that's just the BBC's particular slant on things. 

Meanwhile the constant references to the situation throughout 'normal' programmes and inviting listeners to call in and wish HRH well is a tad wearing and feels a bit unnecessary. 

I've never met the Queen but I like her all the same and what she stands for. God bless her, whatever happens next.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Living nearby and always checking for the flag above the castle, I do feel quite emotional about the situation. She is a great monarch she has been the only monarch I've ever known, as she is for most alive today.

I don't think anyone should have anything but the deepest respect for the Queen.

19 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

inevitable announcement

has happened. Think the press knew it was likely. 

RIP Queen Elizabeth II. 

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

RIP Queen Elizabeth Il 😟,  you did your nation proud over your lifetime in a way that is highly unlikely ever to be followed.

I must say, as an outsider looking in, deepest condolences to all her subjects. I could not envision a more grand and graceful monarch in the myriad of challenges she faced throughout her impressive reign. RIP QE II 😢

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

When I first heard the news on the radio I too feared bad news would not be long. Unfortunately this was indeed the case.

I'm not a royalist at all and haven't really followed things, but somehow she did make an impression on me, with her love for dogs and Land Rovers and her witty remarks. I'm saddened by the news, may she rest in peace.

Queen.jpg.9e9380c229c405270153d3070344657a.jpg

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

"I do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law."

It has been my distinct Honour serving you for over 10 years. Stand down Ma'am, your duty is done. 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Wow. Didn't know it was that bad. Didn't hear the news last night.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II it was a true honour to have served you 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I am awaiting (dreading) the conspiracy theories surfacing, such as she's been dead for a long time and an impostor in place, or, she's still alive but they didn't anther to abdicate.. And the completely unnecessary pain they will cause to many.