free hit
counters
V8 water pump - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rob C

V8 water pump

Guys...I need a new water pump for project spt500...at this time I plan to take the old one to bits and try get a new shaft complete with Bearing..

any idea where the oem unit came from...Rob C

[email protected] or 07976 609881

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

i do not know where its oem come from, but do you really whant to use the old system? What would be the problem if you only use the casebody and replace the funktion by a electric water pump?!

this would give the option to regulate automaticly the amount of used energy to power it up, and saves horsepower to.... .

Ask: "Airtex Products Ltd. ,Feltham Middlesex, GB" for backround oem-information (if Lotus does not say it is forbidden to ansver questions of ordinary people.... :thumbup: )

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I think I have one from a 2000MY V8 somewhere in the garage if you do get to the point of needing a complete unit. Drop me a note off line to [email protected] if you can't find the bits to recon your existing pump.

Complete V8 engine minus heads up for grabs come to mention it!

Malc Holmes

www.espritism.com

Yes I had thought about an electric pump..but the belt drive runs around the engine like a huge snake and of course the water pump is one of the drive pulleys...so not really practical. unless one has a re-think about where you place the new pump..and still run the drive belt with perhaps no impellar on the water pump.

Plain fact the gains are perhaps not worth the effort in the V8 Esprit..thanks for the Input mind..good thinking...Rob

sure, it is one of the drive pulleys, but i think its not really needed. The Engine Frontend is covered, and there is nothing important in the way, from my remembrance?! The angle between Alternator pulley and Steering pump pulley looks a bit strait and close to the tensioner pulley. You should also use a tensioner pulley with smaller diameter and not only a shorter belt....!

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..