free hit
counters
South West Lotus Centre Open Day - Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

South West Lotus Centre Open Day

mayevora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If Lotus get an Emira delivered to Hendy Exeter in time, then the guy from Hendy hopes to take it to the open day. They attended last year in an Elise that they had for sale at the time.

SWLC have just posted a pic of their new toy......don't know if it is one they will have for sale or will be for them to use. Will be at their open day.

Could be 2 other GT430s present.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

I've offered my test driving services. Reasonable rates too, don't know why they ignored that particular message :lol:

Cop Car Stunt GIF by Beastie Boys

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

SWLC have just posted a pic of their new toy......don't know if it is one they will have for sale or will be for them to use. Will be at their open day.

Could be 2 other GT430s present.

No photo description available.

Hmmmm.... panel gap not good below GT430 🤔

Edited by Rambo

On 16/09/2022 at 10:48, Rambo said:

Hmmmm.... panel gap not good

Their later facebook post did say it needs some work, but no details of what they have planned for it.

@MPx Mike which car are you taking, it will be good to have a chat about M100 things.

Y

46 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Mike which car are you taking...

...the M100 Keith, so ideal if we need to point at bits!

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I've made a paper clip tool (a Vauxhall plug with a small switch to bridge the 2 pins), plus another lead to link the ALDL to Elanscan. But not tried either yet!!!

Today just re-fitted the nearside door pocket thing without taking the whole door trim off. Swapped over from a spare door trim I bought.

It will be interesting to discuss the stupid jack that comes with the car, also there is a button just to the right hand side of the cigar lighter that does not seem to get a mention in the handbook.  Probably discuss with SWLC about options for the brakes (certainly worse than my 2 current MG's and a lot worse than the Evora).

A guy called James bought his white S2 from SWLC a couple of years ago and like mine his had no alarm or central locking at first, but SWLC got someone to activate the central locking with a new stand alone fob. (No alarm still)

What's wrong with the "stupid" scissor jack Keith? All mine (x3) have nevef failed after 17 years abuse.

The button to the right of the fag lighter.... does it do anything? It may well have been a blank socket and used as, say, a manual fan overide? Or an alarm/immobiliser?

If you want better brakes on the cheap just get your OEM front and rear calipers overhauled. You'd be amazed at what new greased sliders and pistons can do. Same goes for brake pads. Maybe time to try a different compound? EBC or Pagid blue?

If you want to totally upgrade the brakes think no further than HiSpec fronts (or PNM which are HiSpec rebadged) If money is no object, think AP Racing.

For the rear set up, PNM do an upgrade (essentially VW Golf mk 4) calipers which help more with rear braking (they never do much anyway. Bias is approx. 80% F/20% R) and the handbrake efficiency.

Hope this helps? If not, ask Mike. He is a fountain of M100 knowledge 😉

Edited by Rambo
  • Confused 1

Sadly an embarassing dribble compared to your fountain or Pinkies geyser - Mark.  I'm sure Keith will know more than me about paper clips...but I have used Elanscan and do know about interior light switches...including the secret one...and brake upgrades!

As a frequent track go-er in both your M100 Elan and Esprit I'm sure your knowledge and recommendations on brakes are tip top Mike.

We need to get Keith to sign up for Castle Combe next year and a meeting with the LEC gurus ie Dapinky, Clemo, Saltire, SimonP, Jõao, Smiffy et al.........If you like a fun w/e with beer, cider, curries, trackdays, camping and and good banter then CC is your go to place Keith. Keep an eye out on LEC for further info.

• Gold FFM
On 14/09/2022 at 23:16, MPx said:

Should see you there Ian...prob get down around 12

Hopefully catch up with you but I’ll be off between 12pm and 1pm Mike. I’ll need to get home change vehicles then be in Bristol by late afternoon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Been in to Hendy Exeter today and no Emira has arrived.  So it looks like Emira demos will still be at least a week away.....

As usual had a lovely day down at SWLC today so my thanks to Phil/James/Ben/Kath/Ellie et al for hosting and help.  The day made of course by some great company and interesting machinery to gawp at.  Notable this year that only about half the cars were Lotus with lots of other enthusiast rides competing for attention.   

Its a 90 min run for me and the M100 gave some gyp when still relatively near home (misfire at high revs under full throttle) but got better as the journey continued - though the CEL light never went out!  No CEL on restart and came back even quicker (I'll await the fan mail within the next fortnight) and it didn't miss a beat, so really not sure what that is all about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MPx said:

Its a 90 min run for me and the M100 gave some gyp when still relatively near home (misfire at high revs under full throttle) but got better as the journey continued - though the CEL light never went out!  No CEL on restart and came back even quicker (I'll await the fan mail within the next fortnight) and it didn't miss a beat, so really not sure what that is all about.

Just a gut feel Mike but it might be worth checking your coil packs. Malfunctioning coils can cause a misfire under acceleration.

Of course, it could be something else like a bad earth/loose ground wire

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, yes could be although I did renew them a few years back and clean up backplates etc.  Phil thought overboost may have cut ignition and wanted me to eliminate that poss first by generating the fault and seeing boost at the time.  Hence some lairy accelleration runs on the way home, but couldn't reproduce it.  I'll maybe try to remember to connect up elanscan before setting off next time see if that gives any further clues.  The sporadic nature makes me think loose wire or bad contact...

Didn't Phil have a go at putting some lube on something near the turbo wastegate or something, I was standing behind trying to get a few tips...

Yep, the "famous" wastegate wiggle was proposed having put some WD40 on the connector rod.  I prefer silicon spray to wd40 so tried that.  But I've clearly misunderstood what is required.  The thin silver rod is absolutely solidly fixed in place on mine - couldn't budge it at all in either direction.  Phil said to get hold of it with long nosed liers and work it back and forward its full travel.  Doesn't sound like it should be that hard to budge it.  So obvs therefore it could be properly stuck. 

But if it is stuck and I've been booting it everywhere with the everest programme in play then why aren't I seeing any overboost on the guage, and why can't I reproduce the missfire problem at will?  Maybe its stuck open not closed??  Didn't get much over .5 even when trying quite hard and everest peak is supposed to be .9 - but then I doubt the std guage is the most accurate thing either. 

I'd happily take it back for them to fix if I could reproduce the fault but, as it is, it would just be a money pit open investigation - most of the time there's absolutley nothing wrong.

Mike - are you still getting the whoooosh when you floor it? If not you need to get a bike pump and adaptor plus pliers and see if you can get the actuator rod moving again. Have a look at LEC Wikilc. I was hoping to post a link but it looks like LEC has gremlins again 🙁

I think you might need to do something more than just the wastegate wiggle. Sounds like you need to strip out the wastegate actuator module and give it a good clean up.

Edited by Rambo
Sp.

Yes Mark, and a nice flutter on the overrun.  False alarm on the actuator rod.  I'd not realised how strong the spring is and the smallish pliers and my feebleness meant it wouldn't shift.  Attacked with big pliers and a more thoughtful technique today and its not stuck at all.  Sits hard right but moves 20mm or more left when I levered the pliers off the turbo casing.  Rod is still all bright with no rust debris so I think that's fine.  Good because otherwise the symptoms didn't fit the fault!