free hit
counters
Lotus Elan 2 130/S 5 - Classic Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Elan 2 130/S 5

Tex

Hopefully the right place for a bit of guidance.

I’m not new to Lotus but new to a potential classic purchase.

So Wondering if any wise heads know this car at Hexagon.

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-elan-plus-2-130s-5-1975-now-reduced/

Lovely colour and seems very clean with a low mileage.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The +2 is a wonderful car! I really like the color combo on this one and she seems in very good shape. Maybe not a bargain but I'd say worth it.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Needs a new dash, it's all cracking. Lovely colour combo. Superb looking car the +2 but it needs to be spot on as that looks top money for me, as been looking at these for a while.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, Escape said:

The +2 is a wonderful car! I really like the color combo on this one and she seems in very good shape. Maybe not a bargain but I'd say worth it.

Yes quite top heavy on price but a nice car, although not viewed it yet 

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Needs a new dash, it's all cracking. Lovely colour combo. Superb looking car the +2 but it needs to be spot on as that looks top money for me, as been looking at these for a while.

Yes will probably need a few bits sorting and looks possibly over priced 

I very much doubt the mileage is genuine. Unless it is backed up by comprehensive evidence, don't believe it.

A car like this could have been around the clock within 10 years or less from new, so any missing history treat with suspicion.

Justin 

• Gold FFM
On 17/09/2022 at 18:50, jep said:

I very much doubt the mileage is genuine. Unless it is backed up by comprehensive evidence, don't believe it.

I'd certainly hope it's been around the clock, no good for a car like to just sit in a garage and a shame for POs if they never used and enjoyed it. 😉

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Had a chance to view said car today while down in London.

Condition is reasonable although mileage is almost certainly not what the car has done. Either a new clock or more likely been round it.

Probably well over priced unfortunately and a large chunk of its history is missing.

Perhaps best left alone but having seen one in the flesh I think they look fantastic.

On way home popped into Allon White who have a yellow one, however out the back was their fully restored purple one. 

Quite an amazing looking car which would fully deserve concours condition 

• Thanks 1