free hit
counters
Tire pressure? GT3 running 350 OZ Magnesio 5 spokes - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tire pressure? GT3 running 350 OZ Magnesio 5 spokes

Go to solution Solved by CarBuff,

Hi all

First full post. Chuffed to be here. Still smiling every time I remember I now own an Esprit, let alone drive it!

Any one able to give a view on tire pressure pls?

My GT3 has 350 OZ Magnesio 5 spokes on it with 235/40 7R17 front and 285/35 R18.

Hand book suggests 2.0 bar front and rear for a V8 but that’s 150KG heavier than the GT3.

Thanks in advance. Many more posts likely to follow as I work through my TLC list 🙏

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

My research said the pressures you found are correct, even for a 1994 S4/S4s. (29PSI/2.0 BAR Front, 31PSI/2.1 BAR rear.)

Those are the pressures I have been running since fitting our Esprit with larger wheels due to tyre availability.

Beware of lowering the front pressures, you definitely don't want to bend those Magnesio wheels! 🙄

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Thank you appreciate it!

Not so good you have to fit larger wheels as no tires that fit 😬

Couple of the wheels do need a refurb. From what i have read that would need to be done in an airless environment. Think there’s another post to follow here!