free hit
counters
0.5lb of boost is that normal - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

0.5lb of boost is that normal

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garry is a legend so I'd imagine that if he sells it, it works and well at that :respect:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

well removed the wastegate totally this afternoon which in itself want easy at the moment. i was able to get into the unit take it apart totally and see whats wht, the valve is finee no sticking, bit of gunk build up so all clean now. took the daphram off to find that there is a tear in it that i couldnt see the other day from underneath the car as its hidden.

DSCN5830.jpg

DSCN5831.jpg

so i have managed to source another one from a dealer, im hoping i get it before the weekend so i can come to stoneliegh as there are things i need to get.

needless to say relieved at least theres no damage done and all will be well after the new one is fitted.

i hate cars...

Edited by bigsi

well gents the diaphram arrived today which means i can get it on the car and check the boost is back to normal.

only difference on this one to the original is that theres only one seal ridge in the center on one side. the other side doesnt have that ridge but that shouldnt be an issue, i may just put a tiny bead of comma round the bottom to make an underseal also.

but wahey they do exist.. finally!!

DSCN5832.jpg

DSCN5833.jpg

Good work big man :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I also just got a new wastegate diaphram form SJ.

Bigsi, did you consider placing the old diaphram over the new one, to act as some mechnical protection?

no you cant do that as you will increase the resistance factor by having the two in there, this will alter the pressure rating in effect, and may do harm. i would just fit the single diaphram and leave it at that, did you get the gasket that goes each side of the diaphram? if not you had better get them before you fit it otherwise the diaphram will melt.

heres all the info and part numbers relating to the wastegate

WASTEGATEINFO.jpg