free hit
counters
1998 Esprit Starter removal - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rusty55125

1998 Esprit Starter removal

Can anyone help me find the torque settings for the intake plenum and any other bolts that I will need to remove in order to get the starter out? Is there a description somewhere on how to remove the starter on a 1998 Esprit? I know that it

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

the M8 bolds require 20Nm

to place the starter under the plenum produces a compact engine, but if it needs some work... :whistle:

..this starter mounting sreew is also one of Lotust finest engineering things :thumbsup:

Edited by G

Can anyone help me find the torque settings for the intake plenum and any other bolts that I will need to remove in order to get the starter out? Is there a description somewhere on how to remove the starter on a 1998 Esprit? I know that it

This help a lot!! Do you have an overview of the motor and the locations of parts that need to be removed? Also, what is the procedure to remove the pressure in the fuel line?

I will take pictures while I take it apart according to the manual

Scott

You're supposed to disconect the power to the fuel pump then turn the engine over. I've had my plenum off loads of times and have just disconnected the secondary injectors, the worst you get is a small splash of fuel.

If you have a Uk car then they don't have an EGR.

And make sure you get a pair of gasket for the plenum chamber to manifold before you remove it.

Other than that follow Joey's instructions, it's an easy job and in reality is little more involved than looking around the plenum carefully removing things that are connected to it .....

...And make sure you get a pair of gasket for the plenum chamber to manifold before you remove it. ...

i know some of you hate my impropper methods, but you do not realy need to pay for a set of gaskets. just use the old for some drawing of a new one made from stiff 1mm paper... .