free hit
counters
Best route to Wensum Valley hotel - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Best route to Wensum Valley hotel

Folks,

Last year Kimbers warned us that satnavs usually take the direct route down farm tracks... and he was right, you know - I got lost on the way back from Hethel and had to rely on satnav - the track was about six inches wider than an Esprit and had grass down the middle of it :rant:

The better route that he showed us (and that we used in reverse to this for the convoy to Hethel) was as follows:

1) Follow A11 towards Norwich

2) At Ring Road (A47) go left onto the A47

3) Follow a few miles until just after a place called Honingham - turn right into Wood Lane

4) Follow this road through Weston Green and Weston Longville and keep going straight on

5) You'll reach a T-junction with the A1067 - turn right towards Taverham

6) Just as you get to the edge of Taverham, turn right onto Beech Avenue

7) The entrance to the Wensum Valley is on the right immediately after the playing field

Well, that may not sound too clear, and I can't remember how obvious Wood Lane and Honingham are, but if you look on a map it becomes a lot more obvious:

post-216-1190328937.jpg

Follow the red line from the A47 at the bottom up and round to the big red flag - that's the hotel :)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well mentioned Dan. though lets all try and meet up at Attleborough services on A11 if possible.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

This happened to me last time except we had a convoy of other esprit owners all in the same boat. We ended up going down some really narrow roads and I hit my front spoiler on one part as the road was very good. Try to navigate to a spot that takes you around the main roads.

This happened to me last time except we had a convoy of other esprit owners all in the same boat. We ended up going down some really narrow roads and I hit my front spoiler on one part as the road was very good. Try to navigate to a spot that takes you around the main roads.

When I gave MatK a lift the other day in Wymondham we were on a main road and still managed to clip the front end of the car, OK it was a speed bump, but rember our roads are colour coded.

Black = OK for Esprits

Brown = NOT OK for Esprits

Black with a green stripe down the middle = OK, but doesn't go anywhere you want to be.

Andy

I thought you made your own roads!

22572191.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

That looks like the same road I went down on the last factory visit!

Dans map is spot on. After checking all the routes last time this was the only one without speed bumps or huge tailbacks. It gets a little tight in a couple of places but at least your car will still have it's nose spoiler on!! :rant:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Ok, we are leaving home about 15 minutes. Hope that our navigator finds a good route to Welsum. See you tomorrow :rant:

Jukka