free hit
counters
Anyone on Facebook? - Page 4 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Iain

Anyone on Facebook?

I have an account, for what it's worth. I don't use it for anything other than looking at things on other people's accounts that I'm told I should look at, when I'm told I should.

I'll probably get round to closing it properly eventually.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can't. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

@sky:

:blush:

right, just as an sidenote -have you seen the 'Lotus-Club-Deutschland' page ? The Events-list... will you be there with your group eventually ?? Or on some of the Lotus-Historic Register Events (the page from Siegfried Herrman)

@facebook users: Is facebook free, or does it need payment for 'full use'

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I have an account which I look at roughly every week. The vast majority of the stuff I get to see is complete tosh and it is very time consuming just going through it to find anything of interest.... even concerning my good friends.

Just like LEF, it is a great time stealer.... only LEF is informative and interesting.

I've followed all of the links on this thread to the various faecesbook facilities and not found anything I couldn't find on this forum, so I won't be availing myself of group membership unless anyone can supply a compelling reason.

Good luck to those of you who do participate....

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

@all of my friends: 'who cares about facebook -but anyway: *I'm now officially pimped ...means I'm in*

..add me an try out if it really works :)

@sky: http://lotus-club-deutschland.de/04termin/termin-frame.html

http://www.lotus-historic-register-germany.de/1.html

sidenote: how does the 'synchronize' work ?! Can I only change/update from my *facebook* profile into the LotusForums profile ...or does it also work to tranfer content from here into the freshly [and therefore mostly 'clear'] facebook-profile ?

sidenote two:

is my profile now 'synchronized' ?! Is there any sign on the *LotusForums-profile* that identifies me as a *facebook* user? Or has someone of the forum members noticed that I was there in his/her profile for a visit... ? :construction:

From my impression *Facebook* is just two much filled with comercial adds.. . Everytime a question if you remove the advertisements, man that's fu** :animier: boring..

For further facebook fun and frivolity the new forum software includes a facebook 'like' button on the bottom left of the thread. I know it's hard work for you to help promote the forum so this makes it easy, if you see a topic you like click the button and your friends will get the chance to see what impeccable taste and good connections you have. Give it a go!

post-1-078591900 1276082488.png

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Steve, I think this makes you semi-famous :D

post-1-075983900 1276869972.png

Evora NA

Facebook quickly turned into an abomination of privacy... Don't use it if you care about your privacy, because they certainly don't.

On the other hand, I'd have to disagree that a forum such as this (and any discussion forum for that matter) has equal functionality to those of a legit social networking service such as facebook.. The similarities are slight however they are entirely different in scope.

I must admit I thought faceache was a bit shit when I looked at it and rubbished it but now I use it all the time to stay in touch - its a bit lame when people post up song lyrics or useless shite on their status but sometimes you just wanna know what someones upto or thinking without having to have a full blown convo with them. Its a very useful tool.

facebook = [email protected]

Facebook, the Movie!

^ Seriously!

Evora NA

Facebook, Twitter ............. We are all doomed Mister Mainwaring, Aye, we're Doomed...........:thumbsup: ( Dad's Army circa 1972 )

I have 36 members of staff here who seem to think that Facebook is a useful tool at work, and they have it open in a window on their PC's permanently. Our HR department support them in this, and after hours of discussion I have had to relent and leave them to it and actually offer support when the worst happens.

I've looked at Facebook, even opened an account to see what all the fuss is about. I've looked at it a few times and read the drivvel that people write about what they had for breakfast, and how their kids spilled milk in the supermarket last week. Call me a grumpy old sod ( again ) but I agree with Captian Frazer, if this is the way of the future We are all doomed !

Too many Toys are never enough !

grumpy old sod :thumbsup:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Most all the companies I know in my part of the US frown on Facebook or other non-company use of their PC. Some even block the address (YouTube more common for blocking) My wife works at the communications dept of her hospital and they have a Facebook presence and require her to use her own Facebook login for managing items on their hospital Facebook account. She doesn't like that and has made doubly sure her account settings are locked down so only her friends (nobody at work) can see her Facebook postings or files. (she was told Facebook frowns on multiple accounts, but sounds like a crock to me as who would know if you set up another to a second email account for work only)

Edited by comem47

500,000,000 people (or 1 in 12 of the worlds population) now have a Facebook account and they've not even cracked China yet! :)

Anyway, why would you not want a facebook account with gems like this to brighten your day :)

post-1-015803100 1279787754.png

Evora NA

Meh.............. :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Just submitted to lamebook.com too :)

Evora NA

Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha :evil:

post-1-031170800 1288829868.jpg

Evora NA

500,000,000 people (or 1 in 12 of the worlds population) now have a Facebook account...

The 1 in 12 Club

The 1 in 12 Club refers to both a members' club and the building in which it is based, in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. Owned and run by its membership as a collective based upon anarchist principles, its activities include social and political campaigning, most visibly as a centre for the city's May Day activities;[1] the use of the building as a social centre;[2] and the promotion of the performing arts - by hosting punk rock bands, and through its own drama collective.[3]

The 1 in 12 Club Bradford | Facebook

Welcome to a Facebook Page about The 1 in 12 Club Bradford. Join Facebook to start connecting with The 1 in 12 Club Bradford.

www.facebook.com/.../Bradford/...1-in-12-Club-Bradford/36234261024?... - Cached - Similar

Ahhhhh............all has become clear now.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I have to admit that, recently, I have been checking my Facebook page more-or-less daily I find it a great way of keeping in touch with old friends and colleagues that I probably wouldn't e-mail or phone, if only because I don't have their e-mail addresses or phone numbers. In fact, the other night I was chatting via Facebook to a mechanic who used to work at Minardi. There's no way I wold have had that short conversation over the phone or e-mail as his English is not much better than my Italian.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

After more than a year of saying that I would NEVER join Facebook.....I finally relented and I now keep in touch with family in France and Australia, as well as far flung friends - its a very easy way to keep in contact.

I do nevertheless still have to keep in touch with friends face to face, although I am working on it...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

After more than a year of saying that I would NEVER join Facebook.....I finally relented and I now keep in touch with family in France and Australia, as well as far flung friends - its a very easy way to keep in contact.

Much the same. Even posts on this very thread saying not for me. Joined 6 months (mainly to keep an eye on my daughter) but prob use it more than her now.

Can't fight progress - got to go with it I suppose.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!