free hit
counters
On the day. Sunday 23rd Sept 2007 - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DBredS4

On the day. Sunday 23rd Sept 2007

Well, it was a sunny day with beautiful clear skies, Lotus cars in abundance and a few home cooked Samosas from a friendly Indian chap. :lol:

Good to see you again Mike, nice S350. :lol:

A few Forum members were a bit ragged looking which was amusing. ;)

Only disappointment was not hearing a 27 litre V12 roar overhead. ;)

Dom

Edited by DBredS4

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What a great day.

It goes to prove that Kimbergod is in contact with the man upstairs as the weather was awesome.

I think they really did a great job. They let us into parts of the factory I didn't even know existed and we were allowed to wander and take pictures of anything that was interesting to us.

All the displays were nicely arranged and you got to have a really good look at the cars.

Nice touch on the alternative stuff (Playstation heroes!!!!!) and the family stuff was good as well.

Both Carolyn and I had a great day and it was great to meet new and old faces alike.

All in all a success and I hope Lotus gets some great PR for the event as I think it very much deserves it.

Well done Matt and Kimbers for convoy too. Kept everyone together very well.

;):lol:;):thumbsup::lol:

So Next year??????????????????????

Cheers

[Topics merged-Kimbers]

Wow, once again a great event. My only regret is that I never got to have a second night of debauchery with the rest of the reprobates at Wensum Valley, due to work committments tomorrow.

Well done, by the way, to Wensum Valley for putting up with us! Wow, Bar man was still on at 3am and was back on breakfast duty at 7! We staggered down after xxx number of pints and 4 hours sleep. I had to laugh because I only had a slight hangover. Some.....Bibs.....looked absolute pants!

Once again an absolute classic LEF piss up with Denmark, Germany and Norway represented :lol:

Was a great day today. I'll let everyone else tell their versions of the day. Sorry. Left my camera in my car but I know there will be loads of great pics coming up (Mat, Yasuo, Bibs etc). Lets see them all please!

Highlight of my day? Seeing BigSi finally looking someone in the eye (the old man is the same height), spending a great hour visiting all the other clubs with the old man and seeing their reactions to the fact that someone from Lotus actually cares and finally having a 20 minute informal question and answer with other members and Roger Becker (from now on only to be known as "He's only gone and backed it into a ditch!"......the James bond car).

Cheers all, great to see you all and....strangely enough it's 1/2 century of Lotus next year and already been asked to get involved....roll on 2008! We fully expect lots of US and Canadian members!! You have been warned! New car and another LEF piss up!! :lol:;);)

Carlsberg don't make carparks, but if they did, they'd probably look something like this......post-3539-1190581457.jpg

Thanks so much to Bibs, Kimbers and everyone else who helped make this fantastic event possible. It was a wonderful weekend.

[Topics merged-Kimbers]

Highlight of my day? Seeing BigSi finally looking someone in the eye (the old man is the same height), spending a great hour visiting all the other clubs with the old man and seeing their reactions to the fact that someone from Lotus actually cares and finally having a 20 minute informal question and answer with other members and Roger Becker (from now on only to be known as "He's only gone and backed it into a ditch!"......the James bond car).

Cheers all, great to see you all and....strangely enough it's 1/2 century of Lotus next year and already been asked to get involved....roll on 2008! We fully expect lots of US and Canadian members!! You have been warned! New car and another LEF piss up!! :lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

New head of LCU already back in the UK from a whirlwind US tour? tireless ;)

Another great time enjoyed only vicariously from across the pond, would love to attend 2008, just do something about the bloody exchange rate!! :lol:

;)

(and waiting for pics!)

E.

Cheers all, great to see you all and....strangely enough it's 1/2 century of Lotus next year and already been asked to get involved....roll on 2008! We fully expect lots of US and Canadian members!! You have been warned! New car and another LEF piss up!! :lol::lol:;)

.....and same from me. Great to see you all again and many thanks to all who made it happen for us. Both Fran and I had a really great day - with special thanks to Nigel and Penny for company and refreshments....and to Laura for our shirts....and to Katie for a special biscuit!

But Kimbers...if you're going to be involved next year, best you know it will be the diamond (60th) - cos we all enjoyed the half century in 1998 ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

MPx

It`s a pity we couldn`t come to the 40 years celebration....

...but we are looking forward to the 1/2 century of Lotus in 2008 !

Had a great day :lol:. Very well organised and some amazing Esprits in the show car park. Lotus put on a fab day, thanks to them and thanks to Bibs and Team for the LEF stand (which was by far the most popular stand too).

Had a chat with some Lotus staff and was surprised to hear the new Lotus Esprit was on hold! I thought it was ongoing. Hmm . . .

The only thing that marred the day was driving past this :lol:. The tail backs went on for miles and miles on the A11. I hear the people were ok.

si_acc.JPG

Another fantastic event. Lotus did themselves proud once again and I would like to join everyone here to say a big thanks to ALL the Lotus staff who made yesterday possible.

Had a great day out with my son and didn't have a single 'can we go home yet...' comment out of him. The only sulk came when we had to go home without seeing the Spitfire (did it ever turn up?).

Best 'festival' toilets I have ever seen!

Attached is a shot of the Wensum Valley clan arriving...Aand another of my son getting a bit excited to see 'his' first Esprit again (FOX 406V Mat's S2- used to be ours until 2003)

Ace day. Thanks.

Malc and Ellis Holmes

Poped up myself, was a good day, with good weather and good people. Met a few people at the stand and I'm now thinking of getting an Excel for a day to day car :lol:

The factory tour was great although I've seen lots of that stuff before as I used to work at Dunton ie test cells, production lines.. was going to try and sneek the esprit through the paint shop for a cheeky respray.

Great Day, Lotus staff were fantastic a real credit to the company.

I only hope Lotus capatalize on the good PR.

Edited by red vtec

We both had a fantastic time, and I have a new found appreciation of everything Lotus! Nice chatting to MJK, and if your reading this my wife wants the "Elise California" (she's even offered to drive it around California if you need some PR!). I'll post pictures when we get back to US, but kudos to everyone involved for an amazing day, and I don't know of any other car company where you can walk up to the CEO and chat about cars and life in general. See you all next year for the 50th!

Yep great weekend.

Big thanks to MJK and Lotus for letting us loose on their territory.

Also big thanks to everyone within LEF for making things happen.

Huge A11 tailbacks but a bit of a damper on things...............hope the Elise guy is ok (and the Audi guy of course) :crybaby:

I finished up going via Downham Market? Added an extra hour to the journey. :lol:

Never mind, the weekend was great fun and next years will be just as good. :lol:

Lets see those photos boys.

Graham ;)

Edited by Backmarker

Not long been back - thankfull the rain was just limited to Norwich (there's a suprise) so it was fast a good drive home.

Thank to all who organised this - it ws a great day, met new friends and old ones (drank lots of pool water). Lotus as usual were perfect hosts, someone should really give them a big pat on the back everyone was so friendly and helpful and the day was smooooooth.

Can't wait until the next meet up - hopefully be less tired for that one (it was nothing to do with the alcohol I tell you !)

Can't wait also to see the MAD photos from Sunday eve/Monday morning....lol

just a quick note to say a big thanks to all you guys for letting a few of us LEC boys in with you forwhat was a truly excellent weekend :thumbsup:

thanks to bibs and kimbers for all their hard work over the weekend and for a most enjoyable if a little hazey, quiet, saturday night out :wine::lol::thumbsup::lol::whistle:

once again...bigs thanks

see you at stonleigh?????

cheers

Gareth ;):):beer::beer:;)

What a top weekend, just back from the event and it was fab.

A really big well done to Lotus and to the LEF boys and girls for organising a great do for us all.

Alex

A few photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/page2/

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Can't wait to see how Mats pics came out. I took them during our convoy on the way into the factory! What a sight! The best thing was peoples faces as they saw us! They all had huge grins on their faces (except Mr and Mrs aging polo owner who got caught in the middle and didn't know what to do. After overtaking me and Mat for the 3rd time they looked extremely worried....especially with the pic taking going on!) :blush:

One of the funniest things I have ever seen - was in absolute fits along with everyone else !!

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all involved in the organising of the event. First time to the factory and enjoyed every minute. Great to see the production line and the car park full of Lotus was a sight to be seen.

Had a good look around the design centre, shame the M250 never made production and the Exige GT3 looked amazing. Was trying to get a member of staff to tell me about the new Esprit, the only answer i could get was that it was locked away next door!

Great to meet so many new faces at the Wensum, just a shame i missed the convoy to the factory, due to my mate having too much to drinkSat night!!

Cant wait till next year

Dave

Had a call from Wensum Valley today but missed it. Have to call them back tomorrow, please tell me that I'm not banned from the Hotel I attend every thursday for business meetings?