free hit
counters
The verdicts in on Colour Code My Bumpers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The verdicts in on Colour Code My Bumpers

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your input. The votes are in, and have been indedendantly varified and its a landslide victory for:-

No you philistine - seek therepy!!! :lol:

78.95% of you thought that colour coding my bumpers was the devils own work and i must confess I have seen the error of my ways and I am repentant! After a walk around the Hethel Open Day where I saw an Essex Blue 1984 turbo with colour coded bumpers - all became very clear to me. Colour coding is a practice for many other coloured cars (mainly the lighter colours) but not for essex blue. However saying that there was a lovelly Lotus Racing Green S3 turbo with colour coded bumpers and that got me thinking.

Should i respray my car Lotus Racing Green?

1) No, you philistine and stop wasting my time

2) Do what ever you want, i don't care any more

3) Seek therepy

THanks once again guys and it was nice to met some of you in person and see most of your cars in the car park!

Simes

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it Essex... and what are you talking about, none of the G cars should be colour coded, they all look better with black bumpers. Never, never colour code bumpers on the G's. Bet that upsets a few people, but each to their own I guess!

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote

OK Simon, I hate to be the one to tell you. You do, in fact, need help. :angry: It is your car, you decide how it should look. And if it does'nt turn out to the groups liking, don't fret. Nobody will laugh, aleast that you will know. I'm sure Bibs will make a special section that only the other members can see. :blush:

Really, the car looks so good right now, don't screw with it.

Cheers,

Clay

Its all just a little fun Clay :blush: I am very happy with the way my car looks from the out side :angry: Its the interior thats bothering my should i leave it grey or retrim it in black :angry:

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Simon I was reading a Lotus advertising thingy in the back of a book I got at home last night, it reads "New for 1985 blah blah blah new brakes blah blah new suspension and body coloured bumpers, wing mirrors and something else I think." I can add a scan if ur interested. So Im guessing your can is just prior to this changeover. :blush:

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Simon I was reading a Lotus advertising thingy in the back of a book I got at home last night, it reads "New for 1985 blah blah blah new brakes blah blah new suspension and body coloured bumpers, wing mirrors and something else I think." I can add a scan if ur interested. So Im guessing your can is just prior to this changeover. :rant:

Buddsy old boy, i think i have seen that advert in a book all about the esprit, from memory the book has a picture of an Esprit Turbo in it? And while i was a lottle incertain before - i am defo not going to change the bumbers now.

You are welcome round anytime, if you wan't to do some parts recon for your new project - I am quite excited for you - have you picked her up yet and if so can i come and have a look?

Buddsy you are no longer the cowboy without a horse!! :lol: (that should be on your avitar by the way! :)

So as my car is black..... and the bumpers are colour coded..... can you get a black car with unpainted bumpers - kinda matt effect and how would that look?

silly question but as were on the subject?!

Mark

Mark you probably could find an Esprit in black with unpainted bumpers, but i think your car looks fab with the colour coding :) don't let my confussion consume you :) (Its not contageous is it - confussion that is :X ) anyway your car is definately one of the dark coloured cars that suits coding :welcome:

Si

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Buddsy you are no longer the cowboy without a horse!! :wallbash: (that should be on your avitar by the way! :realmad:

Si

Yes, Budsy has a horse,but it's currently dead and he's going to have to do a Frankenstein impression and bring it back from the dead.

Andy

I blame you Andy!!!! :thumbsup: You put me onto her!!

Hey you can lead a horse to water buddsy, but you can't make it drink (not even a dead one :thumbup: )

So to retort - Your Avitar should read

No longer the cowboy without a horse (coz even dead horses count!)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

In my defence, I did mention "not for the feint hearted" whwn I popped it on the forum, and in the PM, "not for the squeamish".

Well done for buying it. You'll get to know it pretty well by doing the restoration/ rebuild. And if you want to change something to non-standard, you'l have the choice before it's all together.

Anyway, what colour are you going to have the bumpers?

Andy

In my defence, I did mention "not for the feint hearted" whwn I popped it on the forum, and in the PM, "not for the squeamish".

Well done for buying it. You'll get to know it pretty well by doing the restoration/ rebuild. And if you want to change something to non-standard, you'l have the choice before it's all together.

Anyway, what colour are you going to have the bumpers?

Andy

I vote for painting them essex :thumbup: blue

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Well, they wouldn't be colour coded like that, and the qwouldn't be black, so technically that option didn't get people voting against it.

Yeh but if i change my mind about my bumpers i can just knick Buddsies :thumbup: See you didn't think of that did you :thumbup: i am always planning/kerniving :thumbup:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!