free hit
counters
Whilst on the subject of heads! - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Whilst on the subject of heads!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Buddsy

If it's any help, I know on the HC head the cooling flow was greatly improved.

& I as the compression ratio is different on the turbos over the the NAs, then would have thought it would be set up differently.

But I have seen an Excell SE with a Turbo, But I don't know what other work was done to it to make it work.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Hi Daz

Thanks Daz, as you know Im looking to buy a few bit and am going to see a guys whos got a head with cams all together but I want to make sure they are the right bits to suit a 1985 Turbo. Dont want to get it and find its from annother car etc :crybaby: so looking for any info that I could tell them apart. Also on the cams are they from annother car or were they a lotus made part. I have used Kent Cam & Pipper Cams in an engine I once built are there perfomance cams available for the turbo Esprit or is the standard Bad enough??? Any boy have any thoughts I would be most pleased

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Hi Daz

Thanks Daz, as you know Im looking to buy a few bit and am going to see a guys whos got a head with cams all together but I want to make sure they are the right bits to suit a 1985 Turbo. Dont want to get it and find its from annother car etc :crybaby: so looking for any info that I could tell them apart. Also on the cams are they from annother car or were they a lotus made part. I have used Kent Cam & Pipper Cams in an engine I once built are there perfomance cams available for the turbo Esprit or is the standard Bad enough??? Any boy have any thoughts I would be most pleased

I have an idea - GIVE UP NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE :thumbup:

PS good luck picking her up on sunday and with regards to the various parts dotted around the farm, if it looks like its from a car/tractor/combine take it we can get it to fit!!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!