free hit
counters
2008 Le Man Classic - Page 3 - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

2008 Le Man Classic

You'll all hopefully already have seen this on our website but just a reminder that Club Lotus has registered with the organisers and Club members can buy tickets through us (same price 42 Euros) plus you'll receive a free pass to our infield parking area.

This year the organisers are only sending out these passes direct to Clubs and only on a one-for-one basis for tickets ordered through Clubs.

I've reserved spaces for 60 cars but I know we can increase this if there is the demand. However, we need to get our initial order in by the end of Jan although we can still order tickets up until early March.

To book call Annemarie on 01362 691144 or email her [email protected]

If you'd like any more info email me [email protected]

Alan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll all hopefully already have seen this on our website but just a reminder that Club Lotus has registered with the organisers and Club members can buy tickets through us (same price 42 Euros) plus you'll receive a free pass to our infield parking area.

This year the organisers are only sending out these passes direct to Clubs and only on a one-for-one basis for tickets ordered through Clubs.

I've reserved spaces for 60 cars but I know we can increase this if there is the demand. However, we need to get our initial order in by the end of Jan although we can still order tickets up until early March.

To book call Annemarie on 01362 691144 or email her [email protected]

If you'd like any more info email me [email protected]

Alan

yep thats the same as us too...... :lol:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Sorry I've not had time to look into this any more for LEF. You can either speak to the lovely chaps at LEC or someone from here can have the literature I have and take the reigns for this event.

Another option with these - http://www.callanderclassic.com/

I went to the classic with them the last time, they do ready camping packages (just turn up with a sleeping bag) and Chateu accomm.

Good showers etc and good food with wine included. Regular shuttles to the track and it wasn t too expensive either.

T

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

Hi All

Ann & I have booked through Tony Flint ('Le mob') for accommodation and unfortunately also tickets for the inner circuit/ paddock passes etc. This means that to join the Club Lotus area we would have to re order through Club Lotus (we may try) however the only disadvantage is not being in the club lotus area. As most of the day is spent walking round and looking at cars and all the side shows + eating & drinking, this does not present any real problem.

If people are meeting anywhere in the evenings let us know and we will try to make it.

Will be going to this event but not in the Esprit. Have been asked to co-drive a one of these down.

Alastair.jpg

so seemed rude not to :devil:

Hopefully we can meet up for a beer over the weekend. What does everyone think?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

This means that to join the Club Lotus area we would have to re order through Club Lotus

If you want to do that don't worry - we introduced ourselves to the French club and were offered infield passes as some people don't turn up or decide against it - TBH I can see why as we witnessed some careless damage to a car and also some potential thivery. We park in the secure car park; I know it's not in the spirit of the thing (and if everybody did it ther would be no show!) but we've seen the evidence.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Will be going to this event but not in the Esprit. Have been asked to co-drive a one of these down.

Alastair.jpg

so seemed rude not to :D

Hopefully we can meet up for a beer over the weekend. What does everyone think?

is that the road going vanwall????...looks very similar......

nice......just hope it dunt rain :-)))))))

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

is that the road going vanwall????...looks very similar......

nice......just hope it dunt rain :-)))))))

Its a RONART W152 the original designer Arthur Wolstenholme is MD of Vanwall Cars which was featured on top gear a while ago.

http://www.vanwallcars.com/html/top_gear.html

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

What does everyone think?

I think you'll need binoculars just to see the end of the bonet :D

Nice ride Cliff

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

no worries guys I have invested in some equipment for the trip as you can see :thumbsup:

I think you'll need binoculars just to see the end of the bonet :)

2_8_sports_glasses.jpg

Cliff you'll definately need more than a floppy hat and a pair of goggles to keep you dry if it rains.Hope its sunny B)

umbrellahat.jpg

Cliff

I definately want to do this. Are we going to get the tickets through Club Lotus as has been suggested, or are we going to organise this ourselves?

I'm not sure how far in advance we will need to arrange all this stuff? Anyone any prior ecperience with the classic event is more than happy to chirp up.

It would be good to have a LEF delegation present and of course as many Esprits as possible.

Cheers guys,

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Sadly it looks like work commitments will not let me attend this year. Although I am trying to wangle out of them. I'll probably not know until the last monent, and then it will probably be too late.

Regards,

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

It won't be too late for tickets Stuart, you can just rock up on the day as you can never really "fill" Le Mans, it's just massive. The only problem will be accommodation, if you don't like camping or sleeping in the car the nearest B&B will be 1 hour out of town. However the traffic is much lighter than the 24hrs and this is not a problem. We only decided to do it a few weeks beforehand last time and all was OK.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Well, my friend called round yesterday with the Ronart to see if I could fit.....Cheeky. :D

Very clever design. The seat and therefore diving position is fixed but the pedal box and steering wheel are both adjustable. So with a small amount of steering wheel adjustment and 26 half turns on the pedal box adjuster :D along with changes to the 4 point harness I fitted like a glove. Nice. The keys where then thrown in my direct and off we went on my 1st

Cliff

Hi All

Just to let you know that we will be going out overnight Wed. from Portsmouth and travelling to Le Mans on Thursday morning straight off the ferry. We are staying at Chateau Coulans, west of Le Mans on the N157 with Le Mob. If anyone wants to get together en route or whilst in France call me on my mobile +44 7855 326025 and we will see what we can arrange.

We expect to see some of you at the Lotus Fair, Donington - hopefully with the Esprit V8. On schedule to start the engine this weekend for the first time since the total rebuild. Keep everything crossed please!

Dave & Ann

Don't know if anyone would be interested in this

http://www.lotuselancentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10242

But there is still ample space for camping and plenty of interesting driving nearby :)

It would be nice to really worry the locals with a complete satuaration of sportscars to really give them the impression that my parents really are crazy English people :thumbup:

Any questions, drop me a line?

Cheers

Iain

• 1 month later...

Hi guys any one out their Know of any campsites near le mans that will have any type of lotus on it that is under 150 pounds per person for 4 days camping.It seems prices are exstortionate.I went to the 24hr last year and it was under 150 for two people for 4 days not each HELP

Hello Mick I havn't booked the ferry yet due to the missus holidays,but its doable.I would like to go on the tuesday night if i can.were are you staying my funds aren't to great trying to find some where cheepish.If you know of anything would much apreciate it regards mark

Remember Club Lotus members get

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks Bibs already done that if you mean entry tickets.Just cant find a campsite under 300 pounds for two people for four days. :crybaby:

Try one of the organised tours like Classic Car Tours, they usually throw in food aswell. For the main Le Mans I pay