free hit
counters
1989 SE Power Window Motor part numbers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

hello all, i have just purchased my first Lotus, a red 1989 Esprit SE. i will be sure to post pics later. i have been lurking here from FerrariChat for some time.

my passenger ( right ) side window motor seems to be the Jaguar motor, Bosch part number 0 130 821 299. its working fine.

however, my drivers side window motor was siezed half up/down. it has been pouring rain here in Georgia, so i have not driven the car since i purchased it last weekend!

**the drivers side motor** is a " AC DELCO MADE IN ENGLAND " and the only number it has is B.S. 1004A . i have ordered one for a 58 Corvette, as i saw the number in a cross reference. but i will have to wait several days to get the part here and i wanted to ask if anyone knows for sure what i should use.

the Jaguar motor is over $250.00 with the core charge, and i don't have an old Bosch motor on the drivers side to use as a core, since there is an old Delco there.

i got it all apart, and am dead in my garage.

any help would be outstanding. i did try the "search" feature, but i did not find any definitive part numbers.

great site, i have a few things i want to do to the car, and have found a great community of gear heads here!

thank you!

Michael

picture, if it works. i also have an 89 Porsche 911 Anniversary car, one of 60 in black metallic...

post-785-1191454709.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

The motor sounds like the original one fited by Lotus, my 89 SE has Delco motors in it. The one on the other side must have been substituted. It's worth taking the old one apart if you've got it out as the magnets often come unstuck from the casing and jam the motor. Also have a look at this thread for useful info. The main problem with substituting the motors seems to be getting the right number of teeth on the motor and apparently Lotus did modify the original motors from GM with extra spacers to fit the window regulator, so you may have to do a minor bit of modifying to get any other motor to fit.

Martyn :getmecoat:

like you have a substitute for your right side (Bosch) there is also a substitute for the left side

i have one in my car (Bosch)

i don't have the nr anymore and it's a lot of work to disconnect the motor to have a check

ask your carparts dealer. there is certainly a Bosch substitute

By the way. Nice Tomaso

gr Rens

Edited by rens914

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

thanks for the replies :getmecoat: . i will check out the other thread. the vette window motor and a Ford window motor that were supposed to work, will not. i returned the one that came in, and look at pictures of the Ford motor at the parts store.

i am trying to avoid having to buy the $250.00 Jaguar / Bosch motor.

off i go to the other thread. thanks so much for the link!

i will update if i come up with something, as it may help someone else.

Michael

Hi there,

My drivers side motor is seized too. Fortunately for me it is all the way up.

I'm VERY lazy at fixing things that 'do not affect the car from going very fast',

so it's been that way a while now (along with the air-con). Will watch this thread

for any info though, and if i have any joy i'll share. I was told it was obsolete at

lotus this year.

Have to ask, The Pantera GTS and the Esprit, when you fire up the Esprit after

firing up the Pantera, does it just feel 'different', or does it feel/sound a bit 'wanting'?

I love the DeTomaso's and have admired the GTS and GT5 pantera's for many years,

along with the mangusta, and i really like the Longchamp too. love the story of Elvis

taking a gun to his Pantera for not starting...

:getmecoat:

thanks for the replies :getmecoat: . i will check out the other thread. the vette window motor and a Ford window motor that were supposed to work, will not. i returned the one that came in, and look at pictures of the Ford motor at the parts store.

i am trying to avoid having to buy the $250.00 Jaguar / Bosch motor.

off i go to the other thread. thanks so much for the link!

i will update if i come up with something, as it may help someone else.

Michael

Michael, call Jeff at JAE 805 967-5767

he'll hook you up.

Carl

89 Esprit SE

Hi there,

My drivers side motor is seized too. Fortunately for me it is all the way up.

I'm VERY lazy at fixing things that 'do not affect the car from going very fast',

so it's been that way a while now (along with the air-con). Will watch this thread

for any info though, and if i have any joy i'll share. I was told it was obsolete at

lotus this year.

Have to ask, The Pantera GTS and the Esprit, when you fire up the Esprit after

firing up the Pantera, does it just feel 'different', or does it feel/sound a bit 'wanting'?

I love the DeTomaso's and have admired the GTS and GT5 pantera's for many years,

along with the mangusta, and i really like the Longchamp too. love the story of Elvis

taking a gun to his Pantera for not starting...

:getmecoat:

the Pantera is sold to a new owner on the west coast. we are waiting for the transport truck. i bought the esprit and a 1989 911 25th anniversary edition ( rare in metallic black) this past Monday. i did not want to go off topic as a new guy and speak to much about my other cars. but i have had 4 ferraris, 2 lamborghinis, and now 2 911's in the last 2 years or so. i love cars, and want to have a bunch of them, just 2 at a time!

i really loved the Pantera, but mine is a very early "push button" car, and i would ruin it if i modify it ( car is super original).

i used the cash from the Pantera to buy the 911 and the Esprit in full. i am looking for another "regular" Pantera, perhaps a GTS!

this website has the Bosch motor, and is the best price i have found so far. i am still looking locally though.

link:

http://www.importpartsspec.com/cart/show/item/232726

sorry for the "off topic" content, and thank you for the kind words on the Pantera. if you guys have a " other cars area" i could post pics of my former Lambo Jalpa, Urraco et al some time. but i came here for my love affair with my Lotus!

cheers!

michael

Michael, call Jeff at JAE 805 967-5767

he'll hook you up.

Carl

89 Esprit SE

thank you, i will give him a try tomorrow! i want to drive the car!

pics... they always seem to help!

post-785-1191545467.jpg

post-785-1191545481.jpg

Edited by THECARREAPER
this website has the Bosch motor, and is the best price i have found so far. i am still looking locally though.

link:

http://www.importpartsspec.com/cart/show/item/232726

I recently purchased a left side motor from my Lotus dealer, it is Bosch part number 0 130 821 298. You will need to obtain or fabricate three small spacers for mounting it to the regulator. It turns out I didn't need it, though. :D

Edited by sanj

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

I recently purchased a left side motor from my Lotus dealer, it is Bosch part number 0 130 821 298. You will need to obtain or fabricate three small spacers for mounting it to the regulator. It turns out I didn't need it, though. :D

my friend that sold me the car owns a car dealership. he called a buddy of his that has a repair shop, and they ordered the Jag / Bosch motor for me for $100.00 as a favor to him. it will be here on Monday!

i will tackle the spacers when i have the new unit in my hand.

we did look at a whole used door regulator and power window assembly today from a late 80's Jag XJ6. the regulator looks identical to the Lotus modified one in my 89 SE.

if you guys have a " other cars area" i could post pics of my former Lambo Jalpa, Urraco et al some time.

Mate, the general motoring chat area is fair game, there are guys that would be well into

that (thinking of the two Mark's here), and the Urraco, Jalpa. Espada and Siloette are big

design faves of mine too.

Say hello there, say i pointed you there, and show what you have had/still have. sounds

like you have all the 'real' versions of my toy car bucket!

:D

Mate, the general motoring chat area is fair game, there are guys that would be well into

that (thinking of the two Mark's here), and the Urraco, Jalpa. Espada and Siloette are big

design faves of mine too.

Say hello there, say i pointed you there, and show what you have had/still have. sounds

like you have all the 'real' versions of my toy car bucket!

:D

thank you !

here is a pic of the new Jag motor i installed. it works great! notice the part number is different from the bosch one i have in my passenger (right) side. i guess the other number has been superseded?

local shop charged me a few dollars over cost for the motor ($100.00 after tax and shipping, new in box).

i hope this will help someone else.

pn# 0 130 821 016 for left side.

ps, i did have to shim it and make the connectors for the wires. i modified the motor as opposed to modifying the cars wire harness.

post-785-1191933605.jpg

Michael,

Thanks for posting the motor part number. I'm sure someone will find it very useful in the not to distant future. Window motors seem to be a very common problem on the Esprit. Your Esprit looks really nice, love the wheels they look great.

Martyn :welcome:

Edited by martynv
Michael,

Thanks for posting the motor part number. I'm sure someone will find it very useful in the not to distant future. Window motors seem to be a very common problem on the Esprit. Your Esprit looks really nice, love the wheels they look great.

Martyn :welcome:

thanks! i just wish my buddy had let the car go sooner. i have had my eye on it for several years. now its MINE!

hello all, i have just purchased my first Lotus, a red 1989 Esprit SE. i will be sure to post pics later. i have been lurking here from FerrariChat for some time.

my passenger ( right ) side window motor seems to be the Jaguar motor, Bosch part number 0 130 821 299. its working fine.

however, my drivers side window motor was siezed half up/down. it has been pouring rain here in Georgia, so i have not driven the car since i purchased it last weekend!

**the drivers side motor** is a " AC DELCO MADE IN ENGLAND " and the only number it has is B.S. 1004A . i have ordered one for a 58 Corvette, as i saw the number in a cross reference. but i will have to wait several days to get the part here and i wanted to ask if anyone knows for sure what i should use.

the Jaguar motor is over $250.00 with the core charge, and i don't have an old Bosch motor on the drivers side to use as a core, since there is an old Delco there.

i got it all apart, and am dead in my garage.

any help would be outstanding. i did try the "search" feature, but i did not find any definitive part numbers.

great site, i have a few things i want to do to the car, and have found a great community of gear heads here!

thank you!

Michael

picture, if it works. i also have an 89 Porsche 911 Anniversary car, one of 60 in black metallic...

I got one from JAE for $104 back in June for 89SE

• 7 months later...

old thread but I am working on them now

trying to confirm these Bosch part #s

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/?Ntt=Wind...294967008+10843

pics show 8 tooth sprockets

rockauto.com has the 130 821 016 and 0 018 207 842 (left and right) for $90 each

anyone comment on the partstrain.com bits?

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND