free hit
counters
Chargecooler - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Need some info on what has worked for a "radiator" in fitting a chargecooler to the early Esprit. I have the original chargecooler but no specs on size of the heat exchanger (front) it would have been fitted to.

Thanks,

Jeff

www.espritturbo.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the "rear-heater-core" from a 1991 ford econoline van... and mounted it under the front rad cover, just behind the front lip spoiler

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

A friend is DTA injecting/chargecooling/turbocharging his S2. He's using the original A/C condenser. It is not finished yet, so there is no data to support it's effectiveness. He will have a sensor for incoming and outgoing air temps from the chargecooler when it is up and running.

Lee

A friend is DTA injecting/chargecooling/turbocharging his S2. He's using the original A/C condenser. It is not finished yet, so there is no data to support it's effectiveness. He will have a sensor for incoming and outgoing air temps from the chargecooler when it is up and running.

Lee

Can you clarify something, Does fitting a Chargecooler to a std LC turbo - simply give more power due to the cooler air into the engine - or are you changing other things ?

Yes, more cool dense air will provide more oxygen, but you must add proportionally more fuel along w/it.

I've not done it myself. Mine is still non-chargecooled; however, the carb jetting should probably be addressed. I believe there are posts relating to chargecooling carbed cars. If fitting one, I would strongly suggest using a air/fuel ratio meter w/ a wideband O2 sensor to make decisions on jetting.

Edited by Esprit Aviation

How to "feel" the benefits of chargecooling?

In driving your car on a crisp cool day (low outside air temp) as opposed to high outside air temp and you notice the car feels like is has more "pep, power, better throttle response, etc" you are feeling the benefits of what cooling the intake charge can make to your Esprit. Cool dense air packs more punch.

Also

If anyone has a parts page for the chargecooler Esprit and can email that to me so I can get some part numbers that would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff

www.espritturbo.com