free hit
counters
Problem with Alarm - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Problem with Alarm

Need to pick your brains. Have a 2001 Esprit V8, US model. It has been in storage for a couple of months with the battery disconnected. When it was re-connected and fired up everything worked normally for a short time .... then the security alarm went off. No indicator on the dash, just the siren. It sounds for about 10 seconds then goes off. Pauses for a couple of minutes then goes off again. Very annoying.

How do I either address the issue that's setting the alarm off, or find the siren to disconnect it ???

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no expert (!) but I think this can happen if your battery isn't 100%. Have you had it on a trickle charger? If not, it may have degraded.

Please wait for more answers from those who know more, but from my experience that could be the problem with the Cobra alarm.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Need to pick your brains. Have a 2001 Esprit V8, US model. It has been in storage for a couple of months with the battery disconnected. When it was re-connected and fired up everything worked normally for a short time .... then the security alarm went off. No indicator on the dash, just the siren. It sounds for about 10 seconds then goes off. Pauses for a couple of minutes then goes off again. Very annoying.

How do I either address the issue that's setting the alarm off, or find the siren to disconnect it ???

Thanks

Have you used your key FOB to turn it off?

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

siren is behind right sidewall, just remove the window carpet thing and you get the "cobra-blackbox" with fuelline and siren to... .

what does the light in your key sender (emitter) do if you initialise the system or turn it on/of !? Owners handbook (the green square book) says something about that and also about low voltage in emitter

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Have '98 V8 but I think the alarm/siren is a standard fit. I had exactly the same problem earlier this year.....car had been in storage on a trickle charger, as it always is. For no reason, the alarm went off on its own, according to an exasperated neighbour, 24 hours on and off.....did not hear it myself as the garage is set away from the house. Anyway, this went on and on, Setras(Eddie) tried numerous ideas but nothing worked. SGT diagnosed it as a faulty siren and it was replaced. So if it is your siren, you won't have a problem on your hands sourcing an immediate replacement. It was'nt expensive either, which is unusual for that car!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.