free hit
counters
This may interest someone, project? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CockneyPlayboy

This may interest someone, project?

I was talking to a friend over the weekend and even though Ive known her for around a year now believe it or not it came to pass that she was actually a Lotus owner too and I never knew!!

She has this:

ElaineLotus3.jpg

ElainesLotus1.jpg

ElaineLotus2.jpg

Now I know she is going abroad very shortly and she was asking me if I was interested in making her an offer on the car. I'm fully pushed with the V8 and the Campervan but I thought somone on here might be interested? I dont know much about the car or the model (Im sure you will all chirp up with all the interesting details! lol) but all I know is that it has done 67000k miles and that its an Esprit Series 2 (Black badge whatever difference that is) and that its had 3 owners. She said there is some slight bonnet damage as the wind caught under it and lifted it off. I dont know what she wants for it and I have no other information for it but if anyone is interested then I know the car is in Colchester and you'll have to act fast as she is going abroad before December. Im more than happy to put you in touch.

THIS IS NOT A SALES POST I just thought it might interest someone on here and it would be nice for it to go to an enthusiast I think and it would be another little gem back on the road...

Paul

Sale-Strip22222.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Raffle tickets Bibs?

Dave.

Ok got some more information on it from her...(these are her words...)

Apparently it was originally a Prototype. There were only 97 made of this model so i am told and this is now one of 3 left.

Driven around the track by colin chapman, i did have a box of history but i cannot find it.

The damage was due to the AA taking it from A to B they did not close the bonnet properly so there is damage to the front.

Prior to this accident in '04 it was driven most weekends and it has always been under cover.

I have a video also of the car being driven around the airodrome in Earls Colne, it was featured in a television program called speed on sky one a few years ago......

Edited by CockneyPlayboy

Sale-Strip22222.jpg

Looks like an S2 with a Turbo Body kit added. Do you have any pictures of the interior, and do you know if it starts? I don't know about anyone else but I'm not aware of any special s2's apart from the JPS version.

Special edition S2 - might be an S2.2, but unlikely on an S plate?

87 HC Turbo to Elise & now turned to the darkside with an AM Vantage

Guest Troy Halliday

I may be interested in another project although I was thinking of a Stevens. Let me know what she wants for it.

Ok got some more information on it from her...(these are her words...)

Apparently it was originally a Prototype. There were only 97 made of this model so i am told and this is now one of 3 left.

Driven around the track by colin chapman, i did have a box of history but i cannot find it.

The damage was due to the AA taking it from A to B they did not close the bonnet properly so there is damage to the front.

Prior to this accident in '04 it was driven most weekends and it has always been under cover.

I have a video also of the car being driven around the airodrome in Earls Colne, it was featured in a television program called speed on sky one a few years ago......

I believe this is one of the Turbo Esprit prototypes that Lotus were working on in about 1977-1979.

The ground effects spoiler package wasnt finalised yet (notice the lack of NACA duct on the sill panel) and the front spoiler was slightly deeper on the sides than the production version.

I have a picture of a white one that they were experimenting with the Graphics and a Federal USA spec( notice the bumpers and side marker lights).

Maybe Brian Angus at Lotus remembers these cars?

TurboPrototype.jpg

ElainesLotus1.jpg

Would be nice If someone took some better images of it so the differences could be documented :)

Edited by WayneB

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Yes it is one of the Turbo prototypes. They werre highlighted by the S2 wheels, but basic Turbo bodykit. Your picture, Wayne, is unusual as i know the prototypes didn't have the Turbo stickers on.

Rare beastie and definately a keeper! Wish I had some spare dough!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Anymore pictures available?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi all ,Well Wayne has just beaten me to it ,just noticed no duct in sills ,Rare car .Cool...... Great piece of Lotus history .cheers Mike

for further pictures and info why not contact the girl herself. However you may have to be patient for responses as she spends much of her time working on cruise ships!

Elaine 07770 900333

Sale-Strip22222.jpg