Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello

T8TUM

Hi all,

Long time lurker on here, first time poster today.

I've owned Sport 350 number 15 for about a year now. Few minor issues, but otherwise :respect:

Also have an S160 Elise. Which is also fantastic, but in different ways to the S350. Just wondering if I am the only one on here who owns & appreciates both?

Blaine.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Hi Blaine and welcome.

There are some members who are lucky enough to have both Elise and Esprit in the stable or Esprit and other Loti.

Love the 350 - get some pics posted.

Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi mate, welcome. Several members on here own several Lotus's but not many with an Esprit and an Elise.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome to the forum Blaine :harhar:

oh, to have the room for two esprits :sleep: dreaming .... :respect:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. I've had the car a year, but have precisely no pics. Poor show on my part I know. Will redress as soon as it comes back from a B-service.

My car is still listed on the main pages under the previous owner's name. The only things I've changed are all four indicator lenses (replaced the orange with clear). Other than that, its a pretty standard S350.

Edited by T8TUM

Welcome to the forum, as an active member rather than a lurker.

Nice to hear some people have both an Esprit and Elise.

I've got more than 1 Lotus, but not an Elise. That's more my love of older cars than anything against the Elise.

Personally I think they lok great, are really nippy handle like they're glued to the road and encompass all that Lotus hold dear to theri hearts ( make the best of other technology, are light, offer the driver a great ride).

I'll probably get myself one, perhaps in 20 years, maybe less.

Andy

I could name 5 Esprit owners within 15 minutes of you including myself in Bexley, we're all south of the river though. Once mine's working again we'll have to meet up and say hello. Laura, my other half works in Capital East, a new housing development a mile or two from you!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm based at Canary Wharf. Quite a few Elises around here, but seemingly not many Esprits!

An area I know reasonably well, having worked for a company that meant I had to pop into see finacial advisers, and there are several large offices round there.

I had to direct a colleague out of central london once , by telephone (the same person that once called, said he was lost in either Hertford or Hatfield and didn't know which, when asked for a landmark the response was "I'm near a field", pressed he then said, there are houses on the other side of the road). He said he was fine on the way out of London as soon as he saw the tower and the surrounding ones, then an hour later called to say he was on the edge of the congestion zone again.

I remember leaving an office near canary wharf, and when I got about 5 miles, noticed something leave my car roof. that was the big filofax with PDA etc.

I picked my first esprit up from around there, had to go to the bank there to pay the cash.

Andy

Bibs, you have PM

I look forward to meeting some fellow owners. I think there are a couple of S350s in Essex - William & Richard IIRC?? But I'm yet to see another Esprit in E14. If you five are south of the river, that might explain it.

Elise & Esprit are totally different experiences. Can see why fans of one might not appreciate the other. Bit like SELOC and LEF. Very different feel.

Shocking behaviour I know. Owning an Esprit for more than a year and not having a single picture.....

Car #15 was in excellent condition when I got it. Only problem thus far has been sheared gearbox mounting bolts. Given the size of the bill (engine out), they must be the three most expensive bolts ever.

Whilst having the B-service done, I've had the Eliseshop HID kit fitted. This is one of the best mods I've done to the Elise, so am expecting great things with the Esprit kit. Will report back when I pick the car up.

Next job is to get the wheels refurbed.

Kylie - you have PM.

Edited by T8TUM

I know what you mean about the parts. I have the most expensive small box ever sitting here. Service items, brakes, 2 lights and a few other bits and pieces.....now all i need is a mechanic to fit them! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome Blaine,

Be very interested to hear about the Elise HID conversion, especially if they have a LHD one.

My 02 V8 is on S350 mags that have just been refurbed by the PO, look excellent. If you like I can try and find out who did the work. Though I dont imagine there are so many companies who are equiped for this....

Anyhow, better the bolts that have to be drilled out than the one that just 'slip' into the intake - definately the most expensive noise I have ever heard :)

I look forward to meeting some fellow owners. I think there are a couple of S350s in Essex - William & Richard IIRC?? But I'm yet to see another Esprit in E14. If you five are south of the river, that might explain it.

Hi Blaine,

Was your car the one at North Weald at the Club Lotus Driver training day ?. There's quite a few Esprits in Essex the only problem is they never seem to venture out on the road !. We have a meet in Hastingwood quite near to North Weald usually the first Sunday of every month, there's more details in the Events thread. It's Stoneleigh this month so I won't be there but if you fancy coming to the December one let me know, I'm sure you'd be more than welcome.

Martyn :)

Red - The guy who owns Eliseshop (Yvo) has, or at least had, an Esprit. I forget exactly which model, IIRC a four pot. He's always helpful on Elise stuff, so I'm sure will be happy to sell HID kits to a few more Esprit owners. I'll post at the weekend when I've tried mine out. The kit makes a big improvement to night-time visibility on the Elise, so a good few SELOC guys have had them fitted.

(I have no connection to Eliseshop btw - just a customer)

Yes please if its not too much trouble to find out where the PO had the wheels done. It seems like there are a few S350s needing it.

Martyn - Definitely wasn't me at the Club Lotus thing. Haven't taken the Esprit anywhere near a track yet. Know what you mean about Esprits being rarely sighted in the wild tho. In the year since I've had mine, think I've seen only one other - a yellow V8 in Southwold last October.

Edited by T8TUM

I could name 5 Esprit owners within 15 minutes of you including myself in Bexley, we're all south of the river though. Once mine's working again we'll have to meet up and say hello. Laura, my other half works in Capital East, a new housing development a mile or two from you!

Bexley?