free hit
counters
NMEG November meet (Sunday 4th) - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

NMEG November meet (Sunday 4th)

Backmarker

As you guys and gals will have seen elsewhere, the next LEF/LEW gathering is the usual end-of-season festival at Stoneleigh.

We need to be at the Porridge Pot by about 9am on Sunday the 4th November, where we'll have the chance for a natter before making our way to the showground and PaulC's undercover parking party smile.gif

The Porridge Pot is just off jct 15 of the M40. Usually we would have done M6/M5/M42/M40 but will we get stuck in the dreadful M6 roadworks ?

We could use M6 Toll/M42/M40. Perhaps we could meet again at the Norton Canes services on the M6 Toll. My map suggests its 45 miles of motorway from those services to the Porridge Pot so we ought to arrive at Norton Canes at 8.00am and leave the services at around 8.15/8.30am.

Kidderminster Kids could meet us at Porridge Pot if we do the M6 Toll or Frankley Services on the M5 if we stick with the M6/M5?

Which route would people prefer please?

Please add your name to this thread if you're coming along on the Sunday morning

Cheers,

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, James, Martyn and mat will all be there....trying to look like we hadn't been drinking the night before! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Graham

Not sure what roadworks on the M6 you are referring to. There are no roadworks on the M6 between Hilton and the M5 junction now.

I would suggest this route so that we can pick up the Frankley people and also avoid the scameras on the M42 :)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Dave (oneshot)

Didn't realise the M6 roadworks had finished.

Lets do M6/M5 (Frankley Services)/M42/M40 unless anyone strongly objects.

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

OK kids............it's now depart Hilton Park services M6 (Southbound Kato!) at 8.15am, collect others at Frankley Services M5 (southbound) at 8.35am and arrive Porridge Pot ( or is it some hotel on the M40?) around 9.00-9.15am.

Everyone Ok with that?

Cheers,

Graham.

David,

I know the feeling. My eldest kicks off about 1.30pm............the youngest about 10.30am.

I've told their mum she's going to be busy on Sunday :respect:

Graham.

I will go any way you want Big Man.......

I haven't even seen my car for a month,and as soon as I get home on Thursday I fully intend to hoon my tits off in any given direction untill I've got shares in a petrolium company.

My thinking is...... lets do A roads all the way to the first meet, early start, foot to the floor, the morning sun beating down, the foo fighters blasting over the stereo, with some heavy overtaking of early morning sunday drivers and generaly makeing a nuisance of ourselves on public roads till we get there.

sounds great to me..........or is life not this simple? :respect:

Edited by punky

Graham,

When I used to go to Stoneleigh years ago, I went M6 jn 4 toward Cov (A45) and then get off at a roundabout where the fire training tower is (B 4113) and come the back way in..... it was really easy.

Any takers, or I'm happy to just 'PLOD' behind!!

I need to get to a family birthday at 1.00pm in Ashbourne.....so I'll go at 12. Look forward to seeing everyone though!! Out of the office until Friday but will meet at Frankley.

Cheers,

Simon.

I need to get to a family birthday at 1.00pm in Ashbourne.....so I'll go at 12. Look forward to seeing everyone though!! Out of the office until Friday but will meet at Frankley.

Cheers,

Simon.

Simon,

I'm sure your route is more direct but it has 2 flaws:

1. It goes no-where near Frankley to pick up Dave Barny, Ade, BigSi, and Punky

2. We're meeting the rest of the crew at the Porridge Pot (just off jct 15 M40) rather than at Stoneleigh, so you finish up too far North. Come and plod along with the rest of us mate.

Why are you meeting the Girls at Frankley................don't you like us Hilton Park Hard Boys?

I will probably join you for the journey back, if I can keep up. My eldest kicks off at 2pm and her-indoors is whinging.

I feel a Dodgy Dave "List" coming on...........here we go:

Hilton Park M6 Southbound--Me (V8-GT)

Dave Oneshot (Sport 350)

Dodgy Dave (S3 Turbo)

Ian Heighway(S1)

Simon Gleave (GT-3)

Frankley M5 Southbound----Adrian Heath (GT-3)

Dave Barny (S4)

BigSi (S3 Turbo)

Punky ( N/A V6)

Feel free to tidy this up Dave.

We will leave Hilton Park at 8.15am and be at Frankley about 8.35 am for a prompt departure

Phil "NoneShallPass" might be able to join us but he's not sure which car he'll be in.

Over and Out

Graham.

Graham,

Sorry I meant Hilton Park on the M6!! Me is as 'ard as ever as far as my GT3 goes........thanks for the tip Ade, I'll just have to get there 30 minutes late!!!!!

Just thought i'd add;

Why is it the missus doesn't tell you about these arrangements at the time and accuses you of not looking on the calender; when she doesn't put the god damn event (ie. the birthday meal) on the kin calender...women....

So early start Graham, any signs of Howard....

Simon,

Good to see you're in the Hilton Park Squadron

Howard's on his hols so can't make this one.

I've had a quick look at the map for our journey back. How about A45 round Coventry, pick up M6 then the Toll. You can then pick up the A515 for Ashbourne. Any use?

See you Sunday,

Graham.

Good to have you along Nick (even if you're not properly dressed B) )

Graham

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.