free hit
counters
alloy heater knobs on my s4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

alloy heater knobs on my s4

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

I'm debating whether I like theses or not? They are an improvement over the old plastic ones don't get me wrong, but then sometimes I look at them and it's as if they have come straight from an old 70's silver stack hi-fi unit! This is just my opinion, I wonder if they were anodised black that would help? I think I wouldn't mind them then, I think it's the silver against the black background that I'm struggling with, if the heater facia was silver it would possibly work for me then, but then this wouldn't match any of the rest of the facia. They perhaps work better in a light coloured interior as well, mine being all black I would prefer black ones.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Owen,

I can do other styles if you don't like these?

Dave

Hi,

I'm debating whether I like theses or not? They are an improvement over the old plastic ones don't get me wrong, but then sometimes I look at them and it's as if they have come straight from an old 70's silver stack hi-fi unit! This is just my opinion, I wonder if they were anodised black that would help? I think I wouldn't mind them then, I think it's the silver against the black background that I'm struggling with, if the heater facia was silver it would possibly work for me then, but then this wouldn't match any of the rest of the facia. They perhaps work better in a light coloured interior as well, mine being all black I would prefer black ones.

Owen.

Hi again,

GT3pre98noaircon.jpg

If you add the engraved logo, then it changes the appearance on the knob.

I have a few different designs, I know that they suit different tastes and I can't please everyone all of the time.

There are people who have seen the engraved, have said they prefer the plain and vice versa. I've had others on saying they like the original black buttons.

It's all a matter of choice and this is all Iam trying to do, is offer more choice.

Dave Walters

Dave, as usual great product executed with minimal fuss.

I for one will be ordering a set once everything else is adressed on the car and Dave has developed an alluminium heater panel.

I think the lower cubby hole and lighter/starter button as it will be for me needs to be alloy also in order to not mix materials.