free hit
counters
She is back and she sounds well good - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

She is back and she sounds well good

Hi All,

depending on what threads you read you may or may not know that my lovely Ellie ( sexy GT3 lady car of mine ) was abused in the tradesmans entrance by a 20 year idiot. This violation resulted in a smashed bumper, rear diffuser and exhaust silencer.

Now my insurance company is a famous one, the one with an annoying red mobile phone, and I thought I would let people know some ins and outs of the situation.

1) Week1 , called insuranc and got car collected and lorried away on the monday morning , recovery truck was there within 25 mins. Details of claim taken and told insurance forms are on their way to the other party. Downside, at the time the Posties were on strike.

2) Told it takes 7-10 days for the insurance assessor to see the car, but can be less in most situations (why tell me 7 -10 days, why not 3-10 days???)

3) I dont have hire car cover but have second car so can still get to work. Once liability is admitted we can get a replacement car off them.

4) Dont worry sit back and we will do the leg work.

5) I called the guy to ask has he contact his insurance comapanty and gave my insurance company contact number, but only spoke with his mom. He called back and said he was insured on a cover note and that it was still being processed. This fitted becasue my insurers could not find the driver or vehicle on the national insurance database.

6) Week 2 -called the insurers mid week, still NO confirmation of liability, but now they see him on the system, so they agree to wave my excess. I also called the garage at the end of the 10 day period, no assessor has been.

7) Week 3- monday, call the insurerer to ask about the assessor and get "oh, sorry, your case has been transferred to our glasgow office due to heavy workload at the manchester office (my clue was in her accent but I didnt spot it)" When did this happen??? "Last week sir" ...But I spoke to your Manchester office last week and they never mentioned it....." Sorry for the poor communication sir, please hold I will book an appointment for an assessor.... thursday sir at Chris Neils".

8) Week 3 wednesday - called the insurer, whats happening with the liabillity? " Sir it takes time, sometimes quite long. It depends when they fill the form in" (this woman deserved a smack in the face because of her tone with me!). Now when I first called they said they give it 14 days and then send someone round to his house! Funny how the position changes?

9) Thursday - check with the garage, assessor has been and so the orders for parts can commence. Once they are in, a date for the work can be set!

How many numbers have I called??

Four in total - one is a claims number for general enquiries (monkey with computer screen that seems to go computer says NO!! )

two is the Liability office, differnet place - similar type of monkey. three - Mancherster engineering office (apparently v busy!!). four Glasgow engineering office, helpful but only afetr they had realised they had ballsed up!

So, I dont know when my car will be back on the road and I dont know when the claim will be resolved form a liability point of view.

And guess what, my MOT is up next week and cant be done until the exhaust is fixed. Also my insurance is up for renewal in 2 weeks and I am in the middle of a claim. Oh it rains when it pours!!!!!!

keep you all posted, and if you work in insurance and you smile at me start running :2guns:

Alex

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOD I hate insurance companies like this !

Insured on a cover note, hmmm wonder who's triyng to back out if it ?

End of the day you're fully comp right ? So Direct line pay for everything and claim it back from the 3rd party so whats the hang up ?

Plus he's hit you up the harris so where's the argument ?

'Some' insurance companies are very quick to take your money but slow to uphold their side of the bargain.

Take it the young fella had only just started driving then ?

facebook = [email protected]

Matey, I have this every day of the week. Let me tell you, Direct Line are one of the good ones!

Perhaps a bit late now, but if you're confident on liability (and from what I read, you should be) then you don't have to leave it to your insurers, you can simply press on and recover the cost from laddo.

Chin up and see you soon.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

GOD I hate insurance companies like this !

Insured on a cover note, hmmm wonder who's triyng to back out if it ?

End of the day you're fully comp right ? So Direct line pay for everything and claim it back from the 3rd party so whats the hang up ?

Plus he's hit you up the harris so where's the argument ?

'Some' insurance companies are very quick to take your money but slow to uphold their side of the bargain.

Take it the young fella had only just started driving then ?

Yes fully comp means I get the car repaired but its claimed angainst my insurance until he admits liability. Screws up no cliams until its resolved.

I think he had been driving one year at most. The cost of the lotus bumber stud plates and paint is worth more than his car!!

There is no need for hassels in life like this if everyone got their finger out of their derrier!

A.

Had 15 years working for Ins. Companies (in a previous life) although not on that side of the fence.

A few years back (in family car) got hit on a Duel Carriageway by a French lorry who changed lanes onto me - although he fully admitted the liability (I was in his blind spot) The Claim itself took over two years to get settled. Alot of car policies say you can have a hire car for two weeks. It the policy said they would pay for a hire car until claim sorted and paid - I bet there would be a bit more of a rush.

Sheds loads of paperwork, shed loads of legal stuff, nothing is easy, nothing is simple, everything takes far too long with too much red tape.

Hope you can get it sorted mate.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I know how your feeling mate, ive been in a similar situation a few years ago, thankfully it wasnt the Lotus.

I recently had mine in for a service, i was without it for nearly 2 weeks. Its an odd feeling to not have it in your garage. Now to be fair had it still been there i may not have even driven it so it wasnt driving it that i missed, but i missed not being able to if that makes sence.

Sorry to hear what your going through mate :2guns:

Hi,

Had a couple of claims in the last 2 years and have to say the insurance side ran smoothly, I'm with NU direct. The thing that really pissed me off with them was the first claim was because a kid, well 20 year old who should have known better was riding a push bike on the path and went in front of me while I was at a junction waiting to turn left. As I started to move he ran in to me, knocking him off his bike and I running over him, his foot got broken, but luckily for him I had only started to move so stopped rapidly. I didn't see him as he was coming at me in my blind spot of vision and I was still looking right as I started to pull away having already checked left.

The issue that I had the problem with the insurance company was I was automatically blamed as it was a pedestrian hit and they can't claim against them as they don't have insurance. I could have taken it further, but that would involved me suing them for the insurance costs privately, and I thought he had a broken foot, hopefully he'd learnt his lesson and don't pull out in front of a car waiting at a junctions especially when you are cycling on the path that hasn't been designated a cycle lane.

I had it put on record that I didn't accept blame for the accidient, since where in the High way code does it say cycling on the paths is acceptable (a part from cycle lanes), but apparently insurance company have different rules to actual law, they make it up as they go along. I'm now being punished for an accident that I was not at fault with a higher premium, but I just didn't want the hassle of a long drawn out private claim.

The way thing are nowdays I think people and cyclist should have insurance as well, at least then the insurance companies can claim against them, and with so many accidents caused by people doing stupid thing on the roads I don't see why not.

Owen

Sorry to hear about your problems Alex. Noted your car in Chris Neils on Friday and was going to ask what happened - now I know. Its a week and a half since my stolen car was made available to my insurers and they are still 'arranging its transportation' to the repair shop.

Sorry to hear about your problems Alex. Noted your car in Chris Neils on Friday and was going to ask what happened - now I know. Its a week and a half since my stolen car was made available to my insurers and they are still 'arranging its transportation' to the repair shop.

Hi David,

we should get together and swap insurance woe stories, what I have found is generally I have to be on the ball with them.

Alex

Owen

I used to be a driving instructor so I know about the Highway Code. Unfortunately although you can argue the cyclist shouldn't have been doing what he was doing, the onus is on the driver to check the road he's turning into is clear and if not to give way even though you may have right of way.

Sorry mate but technically the insurance company can use this and win every time.

Your points about them taking the easier option though are very valid. I've known insurance companies engaged in disputes between the 2 drivers they represent take a commercial decision to agree, "shared liability". No legal costs, no arguments, but of course both drivers lose No Claims Bonus.

For me insurance should be a service, unfortunately It's a business to them.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi All,

got my hot sexy :thumbup: GT3 back this PM and she sounds well good ( the words as I was driving along were F***ing Awsome) with her new twin exit Larini Sports exhaust on. The lower rear diffuser is colour matched to the rest of the car and she looks sweet. Shame the roads are all crapped up and it was rush hour.

Tomorrow I am going for a good play out in her B)

Yayyyyy whhooooohooooo!!!! :blink:

And the other party has admitted liability and I have this in writing too. Happy Bunny once again :P

Hi Alex,

Good too hear your GT3 is back in good shape again. Such a shame it got wacked after being at Ally Pally for two days on show in such good condition. Hope you have fun tomorrow.

Happy Driving

Martyn :thumbup:

Hmmmm me thinks we'll need to have a listen and a close inspection.

In the meantime, enjoy your blast tomorrow.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Sorry to hear about all this dude.

Glad she's back and you've seen the light of twin pipes.

Two more and then you're in the big boy league...

XXX

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg