free hit
counters
Just 3 Days Old & Written Off - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tentenths

Just 3 Days Old & Written Off

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a real shame, hope whoever it was got out OK.

I spent the day with Justin Pressland and his GT, it's an amazing car with so much torque it's hard to comprehend! Superbly engineered too.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Shame it's being broken. A rare car like this could be restored and future generations will probably regret braking it (Would just cost the value of a small island to do it though).

Its a Category B write off i think.......

"A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road."

It says in his add that the shell is not included in the sale but everything that you can unbolt is

Yea, I saw that. There must be a way of getting around that. Many cars from the past have been almost totally destroyed and brought back, for example the Jaguar XJ13.

And that Bizzarrini Strada 5300 (the first one built) at the Goodwood Revival last month went crunching into the tyre wall and it's being rebuilt.

84915982.5THA3won.IMGP1127web.jpg

I saw it before the accident in the pits. It was absolutely perfect.