Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Late 1987 S3 what Ford do the rad fans come from? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Late 1987 S3 what Ford do the rad fans come from?

espritmania

I have just purchased a late S3.There is something strange about the fans/rad configuration.something has been relplaced and the metal fans are fouling the rad.On my X180 that I have now sold it has plastic ford fans which are the fans that i need,but I am not sure which Ford,your help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Paul G.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Agree with Bibs.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

MkI Fiesta 1.1 I think.

Yep! I took one of mine to a Ford dealer some time ago. The parts dept identified them as Mk1 Fiesta. Only thing was they don't make that part anymore.

The later S3 & S3 turbos were fitted with orange plasic 4 bladed fans from about 83 ish I believe.

There is an upgrade kit, which is basically the 5 bladed fans from the stevens cars. The fans are reasonably priced, but its the conversion electrical conectors, that are needed, that are pricey. SJ does them, or use to. no doubt he has a replacement of sorts. or if you arn't fussed about orringinality, then Clovo-fans would do the job as well as. You can get these from the likes of 'Demon Tweeks'

Daz

Edited by dazmans3

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus