Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hey guys im new - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hey guys im new

davegtst

Hi everyone.

My name is Dave from Hertfordshire. I currently own a Nissan Skyline and im trying to find myself a nice 89/90 esprit turbo. I've wanted one of these cars forever and finally i think im ready for ownership. They seem a little thin on the ground atm, there has been a few on pistonheads but hopefully you guys might be able to point me to a good place to start looking.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to LEF Dave - Nice choice of cars, Skyline's are fast as stink!

Good luck looking for an Esprit, we have a section on here which keeps up to date automatically with all the PH and ebay cars, plus you'll find any others where James said :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks for the replys. I've been looking on LEW for a few days and everthing that is within my price range is red and i really don't want a red esprit. Ive been thinking about this one but its also advertised on LEW with 127000 miles on it. Seems a bit strange, i've emailed the seller and all he says is its had a new engine at 50000 but its done 70000.

Hi mate, wecome.......erm, whats wrong with red? The best Lotus's are red!!! <_<

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Nononono.....The blue ones are definately slower. Blue and black are just slower colours than Red and Yellow!

As for being mistaken for a Ferrari, a punch on the nose usually stops that mistake! <_<

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

ok guys, something not right here - well spotted Dave

Ive been thinking about this one but its also advertised on LEW with 127000 miles on it. Seems a bit strange, i've emailed the seller and all he says is its had a new engine at 50000 but its done 70000.

this car was for sale april07 by john upton with 127k on the clock

now its for sale by a bloke called dave (not me) with 70k on the clock

been drivng in reverse everywhere has he ??

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Green esprits are the quickest and green is the fastest colour,, thats why they chose it for racing <_<

Welcome to the madhouse Dave, load of freindly faces on here that can help you search for that dream esprit. I wish our esprits had an onboard G meter like the skylines. Always fancied a skyline as a toy. Join some of the guys on a hoon you would be most welcome.

Alex :whistle:

Hi Dave, welcome to the madhouse :rtfm:

I like your choice in colour: :whistle:

Red: Ferrari

Black: Lambo

White: Porche

Green: Jag

Blue: Triumph

Yellow: Lotus

This comment won't inflame the situation further, I am sure - after all, you started it! <_<

Iain

Edited by iainskea

Spot on Iain (hope i don't upset too many owners) although im not sure about the white porshe. I really do like the yellow one on pistonheads but im a bit wary. Is 127000 miles too much with the engine 70000 miles old?

Hey Dave, Welcome to the Forum.

Personally, I would try to find one with lower miles. It's not just the engine, it's all of the wear items that may eventually need attention. It may take you a little time, but they are out there. If it's been well maintained and cared for, high miles are not too big of a deal. But the history and care of some of these may be a little difficult to trace.

A little more money on this end may save you hundreds or thousands down the road.

Just my 2 cents . . .

Best wishes.

Ed