free hit
counters
Short Term car insurance where I can get ? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Short Term car insurance where I can get ?

esp88

Hi folks Need help !

I need "Short term car isurance" to insure my new bought Elan SE turbo M100 (1992) while I'm visting in U.K this weekend !

Does anyone know where I can get such car issurance ?

I tried google and find some but I can't get a quote online !! becuse insrucance group xx or car is more than 13 years old etc..

So, where I can insure my new Elan while I'm in U.K (2-3 days )

I tried my insuance company but they can only insure when I get a Danish registration !

Y.Hotta

Edited by esp88

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an interesting one Yasuo!

I've just Googled it and came up with these people - clicky.

Hopefully, they'll be able to help <_<

Thanks such a quick reply ! I tried this site but edit the car Elan SE 1992 etc.. then I got

they can't insure because insurance group xx !

I also tried Norwich Union Direct then answer was car is older the 13 years ..

Y.Hotta

I'm pretty sure Classic line do short term stuff, and they should be familiar with us.

Thanks Mat just called Classicline but they can't !( because I'm not living in U.K ) they can do opsit way ! :crazy:

Any other id

If a UK company can do it the opposite way then surely you must have a Danish company that can do it for you?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

If a UK company can do it the opposite way then surely you must have a Danish company that can do it for you?

Not my Insurance compay ! I tried Norwich Union but not luck the web site based on after 1993 , So, I sent mail to the company if there are alternativ possibilty.

My Elan is 1992 first reg. !

Y.Hotta

Edited by esp88

Yasuo

Where were you leaving the UK with it from? It's not ideal but perhaps as a last resort one of us could get insured and drive it to the ferry/port for you?

Well, thanks Mat it's a option I'm thinking about but I found http://www.insuredaily.co.uk looks I can

insure it but will cost 3 days for

Edited by esp88