Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Greetings from Ontario Canada - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Greetings from Ontario Canada

73JPS

Hello all,

Just purchased a 2000 V8 which I will be picking up from Texas next week. Glad to have the resources of this forum, though I'll be looking for fellow Ontarians to get good info for local support!

Anyone think I'm crazy to do a 1200 mile pick-up drive? The car has been thoroughly inspected and is super clean... and I am up for the adventure, which is my main motivator for driving the car home rather than having it shipped.

Anyway, I am looking forward to many long adventurous years with my Esprit.

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick - nice car!

Welcome to this wonderful forum <_<

Pick-up trips rule - how can you resist? just make sure you have good cell coverage and roadside assist.

Take some pics of the event for us. :whistle:

Iain

Edited by iainskea

Wow and welcome!!

Are you ever in luck!!!! One of our most knowledgable and top posters is in Ontario, WayneB. Here's a link: http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...hp?showuser=218

Send him a message and say hi!

I also know from a previous post that he has done exactly the same as you, as I think he drove to California and back to collect a car.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Wow and welcome!!

Are you ever in luck!!!! One of our most knowledgable and top posters is in Ontario, WayneB. Here's a link: <a href="http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...hp?showuser=218" target="_blank">http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...hp?showuser=218</a>

Send him a message and say hi!

I also know from a previous post that he has done exactly the same as you, as I think he drove to California and back to collect a car.

Wow Tony, anyone would think we were mates! :laughing:

Yes I've been all over the place looking at and buying cars, my latest escapade was Germany (mega quick in and out) for the Tyrrell 010.

I have actually drove to California a few times now to get cars, and 2 years ago went to Arlington Texas to bring a 1971 Chevrolet Truck back.

I dont normally have too many problems, but Customs Canada can be a pain in the a*se to deal with.

Patrick, I havent really got any time this year for a meet up, but will definately meet sometimes next year If you want.

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Wow folks, thanks for the warm response!

As Monday approaches I am getting pretty jazzed. Thanks for the encouraging comments from all.

Iainskea, its a good thing you mentined pics: I don't think I would have bothered to take a camera, but since you mentioned it I will try and set up a post of the trip with pics.

Rogue S1, I am mostly in St. Catharines, but my parents live in Georgetown and I spend quite a bit of time there too; I went to High School in Milton, and have been known to have the odd pint at Ned Devines, so lets meet up there some time!

Wayne, thanks for the info: sounds like you are a pretty busy guy, but if we can get Mister 2 from Guelph to get an Esprit, we might end up with a good core of Ontario guys.

Thanks all again for the warm reception, and thanks to Phil who has already given me a bunch of info on the Daytime Running Light install.

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Hello and welcome Patrick,

Nice Machine !! I just bought a 95 S4 and imported it from Hawaii . I almost flew to California to drive it back but chickened out last minute :)

Enjoy your trip.It will most definately be a blast.

I do agree that us Ontarians need to get together sometime.

PS. I'm from the Kitchener/Waterloo area .

Cheers,

Elie

Welcome to the forum Patrick. The road trip should be a blast, and I'm sure the anticipation of acquiring and driving your new Esprit home has you awake at night! And jazzed all day. :yes

Pretty darn exciting! A Beautiful car. Have a safe trip.

Do you ahave a Valentine One detector??? It's gonna be hard to keep your foot out of it!

Ed