free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

Hi guys thought you might find this kind of cool. I got a random email from a guy named Steve Carter who is a regular on PistonHeads in the photography section and he's had a bit of fun with sending a very small teddy bear on an incredible journey around the world to capture some nice shots. While you might think there's nothing really special about this, ted has been in some rather famous motorsport hands which is kind of cool. See linky below.

http://www.stevecarter.com/transported/transported.htm

So steve asked if I would take Ted in for a week which I was more than happy to do so. I received Ted last week and was feeling a bit of pressure not lose him or get muck over him. So anyway I managed to get over to Devonport early on the weekend for some iconic shots of the city etc. Photography never been my strong point (too many dam settings on cameras these days!) but found a beautiful Pohutukawa tree to stick him too for some nice shots. Steve chose these ones which he's loading on the page shortly.

auckland2.jpg

auckland1.jpg

DSC03087.jpg

Teds only the size of my little finger and had to affix some cellotape to his butt to stop him blowing away in the breeze and landing in the sea, otherwise I would be in big trouble. :ph34r:

Oh and so far poor old teds had his head ripped off, been in someones dinner, been fozen in a block of ice and numerous other incidents - poor little fella he dosent look too happy!!

Teds next trip is back the the Virgin Islands!!

If you want to take Ted on a trip to your neck of the woods email Steve through the above link.

350.gifNo.23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

:ph34r:

I've been following the adventures of Ted myself, cool you've had him, nice shots!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs, perhaps LEF could do some thing like this amoungst Esprit owners? Not trying to copy Steves thing with Ted but just a fun thing amoungst us. We could buy a Lotus Teddy Bear mascot or what ever doesnt have to be a Teddy, easier if its small and light though as its cheaper to ship I guess. Lotus owners can sit him one their wings, engine lid, roof, laps , chest...:laughing: with nice scene shot in the back ground of where they live. That way everyone can see more of other owners cars in their neck of the woods and a bit of fun along the way. It seems LEF is pretty big now and owners are spread all over the place.

Thoughts...? :ph34r:

350.gifNo.23

Like it, a fun idea. :ph34r:

Erm, how about a small Esprit model, a 1/43 scale perhaps? We could have pics of it on roads across the world but taken at this sort of angle to make it look more life sized!

178839409_f52dac4557_o.jpg

I've got a yellow one here which is up for the journey!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Errm...............isn't that a nodding donkey ?

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Haha, it's just a quick demo pic I found! I've not lost my marbles!

Here's my willing volunteer on top of a lens cap for scale!

IMG_5794.jpg

Evora NA

Reminds me of the video Matthew Good did for

Arent you supposed to steal the gnome? :ph34r: :laughing:

I have a Corgi James Bond Copper Turbo Esprit that I stole, you can have If you want me to send it over.

pixbond3.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
Reminds me of the video Matthew Good did for

Arent you supposed to steal the gnome? :ph34r: :laughing:

I have a Corgi James Bond Copper Turbo Esprit that I stole, you can have If you want me to send it over.

pixbond3.jpg

Bloody thief Wayne!! Thanks for the offer. May take you up on that. See what Bibs wants to do as well as if hes willing he might be able to coordinate things better at his end and pin up a new thread for this?

Another idea perhaps run a live auction here for a month after the car has done all its travels and proceeds go to maintenance of this website or other LEF stuff ??

A toy car would all of a sudden would become quite collectable I think once been to so many Esprit owners around the world. :D

350.gifNo.23

:ph34r: Troy might cost a bit more to ship. It would just be a matter of time before somebody forgot to cut airholes in his shipping container.

I'm all for sending the Lotus model around!

Edited by talon

I think it needs a certificate to be included, signed by everyone who has hold of it. Who is first, PM me an address and I'll get it in the airmail! :ph34r:

Evora NA

LEFcar?

• Like 1

Evora NA

The worlds highest mileage Esprit?

Evora NA

The first trip is 4,013 miles! Good luck!

http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/calculate-distance.html

Evora NA

The first trip is 4,013 miles! Good luck!

So is the idea that the recipitant recieves it, takes a pic of it in a well known or obscure location, posts the pic on the forum, then sends it to the other side of the world again? :wacko:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Si :wacko:

I wonder if we can rack up 1,000,000 miles within a year?

Evora NA

It's going to Talon now. When he receives it he'll take a pic, pop a post up on the forum and whoever wants it next (and is suitably far away!) gets it and so on. :wacko:

Evora NA

:wacko: Awesome its going ahead :cry: I dont mind having it over the Xmas break if its free, it will come down to the South Island with me on holiday for two weeks near the mountains and lakes and make it float on my christmas pud :wacko: . Perhaps while its near each country do the rounds there before going back and forward to the UK.

If Bibs is happy to receive everyones contact details he can group people together?

This is getting good :sofa:

350.gifNo.23

superb idea Bibs :wacko:

how about a compulsory shot of the 'bond' car on the roof of the owners esprit, in front of a local road sign :wacko:, then some angled shots to make the car look the right size against some known attractions ?

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Bibs unpinned this topic