free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 11 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

He's coming to Dunston Hall and the 60 years of Lotus celebrations before his trip to Florida, I spoke to Scott about him this morning :wub:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

Well, there is still quite a bit of time, but I am booked for LOG29 at Barber as it is right up the road from me. If possible, and if he is not already with a LOG29 attendee... I think it would be good to get Lefty to me for that event. I have friends that work in the restoration shops there (all Lotus BTW) and I can arrange some really good photos. So, if he is with a LOG29 attendee, then whoever that may be... give a shout!

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

• 2 weeks later...

;)

IMG_0438.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update in case you thought Lefty was in hiding. He's going to be accompanying me to Bangladesh, where he's heard that the curries are good and he hopes to experience some more interesting environments. After that a quick whistle stop to France and then..............

Updates as and when, Bangladesh doesn't have great web access.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

he could have come with me to Borneo next week, but hey have a great time in bangladesh, dont mention kashmir

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 2 weeks later...

Well Lefty's back from Bangladesh. Small problem in that constant 30 degree + temps, and very high humidity have wreaked havoc with the paintwork on his roof, he might need a respray. Still what Esprit of his mileage doesn't!

Here's Lefty looking at the Bangladesh Parliament building in the capital Dhaka.

IMG_9007.jpg

We have a family house in a place called Sylhet. Here he's looking out over the front garden. The trees on the left and right are Coconut Palms.

IMG_8787.jpg

Lefty liked the blurred artistic shot hat Bibs too previously, so he posed for another in front of a Coconut Palm. If you look carefully in the tree you can see green coconuts.

IMG_8792.jpg

Here he is examining the view from the rooftops. It's so hot there that everyone just sticks their washing on the roof, and 10 mins later, it's dry!

IMG_8796.jpg

If you don't sleep with a mosquito net, you'll get bitten to hell and back

IMG_8802.jpg

Here he is checking out ripe Coconuts being broken open

IMG_8860.jpg

Good to see Tesco reaching the outer spheres of the planet............

IMG_8940.jpg

Here's a typical street market scene. The tricycle rickshaw is the standard transport out there, costs about 10p a journey!

IMG_8943.jpg

Local butcher. Check the chickens out, everything is killed on premises and at time of purchase

IMG_8944.jpg

Lefty's off to France in a couple of days.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Great work Mat, Bangladesh looks ace!

Where are you now, it's so hard to keep a track of you international jet setters!?

Evora NA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:hrhr:

Evora NA

as the forum was hacked not long ago: did someone get an note from 'pirates of the sea' :hrhr:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 3 weeks later...

prehaps he would like to go to India with Renu and me in january?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Canada again?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Let's be sure and not get him so far away from the states he will take months to get back. He really needs to be at LOG 29 at Barber Motor Sports in May. If he is not with me, that's fine... but Lefty needs to be there with sombody. Also, I have friends that wprk in the restoration shop at the Museum - so if Lefty attends with someone else, please get in touch with me prior to May. I would like to get with my friends and Mr. Barber to arrange some photos that otherwise might not be do-able that will be in interesting areas of the Museum closed to the public.

For those of you that do not know, Barber Motorsports Park Museum has the largest collection of privately owned Lotus race cars under 1 roof in the world. Mr. Barber loves Lotus and he has stated to me on a number of occations that he will not buy anything but Lotus cars for his collection. Of note, Lefty can also get some photos there with Andy Pilgrim, Doc Bundy, and Jack Ansley all in the same place again. Should be quite a reunion and Lefty should be there! B)

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Sounds ace, perhaps they can take a look at his suspension and the paint is wearing a touch thin in places :thumbsup:

Evora NA

Just pm Bibs your address and details and you'll go on the list. I think there's quite a few people that want LEFty in the next month or so and given it's taken about a month on average between destinations (or sometimes several.... Mat!) it may be a little while before he get's to you but I don't know what the list is like at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bibs unpinned this topic