free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 12 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

Lefty is not on the radar yet...

Cameron

That's an worldwide problem I guess ...

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 weeks later...

Any Sign of Lefty yet?

Had a thought while doing some catching up on LEW. I am off to Australia on the 10 Mar with a stop over in HK on the way back. He is more than welcome to join me for the trip. I Will be doing Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairnes & G Barrier Reef for a bit of diving & Sydney. Could perhapes leave him in HK with Eric for a few extra days.

It would certainly boost his airmiles.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

I have just fin reviewing his on going adventures. I see he's already been to some of Ausi, but I m quite sure Dave will welcome him back for a short visit. If he was to catch up with me in time then I hope his Sub aqua mode is still working, esp if Lefty wants a good view of the G.Barrier reef.

Also, if he gets to me soon enough, I could start him off at Faslane,Scotland. It's the Sub base where they filmed some of The Spy Who loved me.

Edited by dazmans3

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

My step father worked at Faslane, there are lots of bombs around there!

LEFty has been sent by GKP to Cameron in Alabama but seems to be lost in the post currently.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Post above - Graham is putting him in a letterbox!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Phew, found him.

He's had a bit of time recently. He was on his way to the US of A but had an issue somewhere over the Atlantic with the cargo doors on the aircraft failing. 32,000ft straight down and....plop into an iceberg.

Leftybrrr007.jpg

After floating around for a few weeks he eventually washed up on a beach somewhere on the South Coast of England.

Lefty044.jpg

As the tide went out, we managed to catch the first glimpse of him after his watery adventures, but he seemed to be having a bit of trouble with the nautical wildlife.

Lefty028.jpg

Lefty029.jpg

Lefty034.jpg

Furiously scrabbling for grip, he made his bid for freedom with sand and shingle flying everywhere.

Lefty035.jpg

A local news-team managed to snatch a few seconds of footage of his escape:

We bundled him into the wagon and gave him a lift home.

Lefty026.jpg

After some time with a bucket and sponge he was all ready for his trip to Alabama and was looking forward to a week or so of snoozing in his 1st class accommodation.

r003.jpg

We will be keeping an eye out for him in here in Alabama. Good times planned for him at Barber Motorsports Park and some other interesting 'stops'. B)

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

right -that offshore adventure was an hard thing !?

the paint is the point -even *Venus* does not look so bad as she was got out of the shell.. :welcome:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Last evening Lefty arrived safely in the Southland. Photos of the arrival to be posted by next Monday... He will be going over his schedule of events this weekend and will post the major points soon.

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Crikey! Looks like he's been partially sand blasted!

Maybe the next place to go is here, to me so I can take him to the factory for a respray!! Actually. How cool would that be! Pics of his being resprayed at the factory!!!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Depending on the time required... I was actually going to see about an overhaul at the Barber Museum Lotus restoration shop! New rear axle and some paint could def. be useful!

Cameron

Lefty is doing well as can be for a droopy rear end and weathered paint... I have taken some photos - including his 'arrival' - but me good camera is not digital and I just have not had time to get into the lab and develop the shots! I am hoping to do so this week as my previous plan was blundered up (by a honey do list) :) .

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news on the pics Cameron?

Evora NA

• Bibs unpinned this topic