free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 14 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

Well, I was disapointed that there was not an actuall race event going on at the time... then I could have thrown in some grid girls for good measure! :D

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

even as a 'car nut' -I would vote for girls ! :D

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings LEFty groupies!

LEFty should soon arrive in the land of hot air balloons and chipotle peppers. With the help of the lovely and gracious Laura, some pics telling the tale of LEFty's visit which I hosted should show up on LEFty's site in due time. We had a lot of fun with LEFty, if you're not on the list, get on it! :P

:yes:

Cheers Mates!

Eric

Thanks Eric, watch this space for pictures, there's lots of great shots to come.

It seems on his travels, LEFty's autograph sheet and his safe driving charm have disappeared, I'm guessing someone must still have them laying around somewhere, please let me know if you've got them so we can arrange to reunite them with LEFty. Thanks.

LEFtysignaturepaper.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

I suspect the toe in on the offside rear wheel is a bit excessive, maybe a trip to Watford Exotics is needed.

Roger :yes:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

is that an old picture -or does it mean lil'LEFty is still suffering from some misalignment problems.. .

My *spanner man*-hands can't wait... :yes:

Thanks Yeller77 for some great pics & taking LEFty to see some fantastic local sights. The pictures are now on LEFty's website go & have a look and if you haven't already you can put your name down for a visit from lil' Lefty.

Yeller77's pictures

Excellent pics, very cool :yes:

Is his roof devoid of paint? Can someone pop him into a spray shop, it's standard Lotus yellow with lacquer. :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

B05 !?

..bud that would mean he is loosing his 'originality' ?? just imagine someone would 'repolish' the Buddha statues in Asia..not an good thought in terms of symbolic characters..

Edited by G

:D Props to Laura doing a great job keeping up the LEFty site! True enough that the little guy's showing some wear for his miles and travels. I believe in vintage circles, that's called "patina." :thumbup:

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. It's LEFty here! After a great time in Oklahoma (Thanks, Yeller77) I travelled further west along Interstate 40 to Albuquerque in New Mexico, the "Land of Enchantment."

First impression was how short of breath I was. I didn't know that Albuquerque is at an elevation of 5,300 ft, the same as the mile-high city, Denver. I don't know if that means you can come here and join the mile-high club. Talking of altitudes, Albuquerque is a hot-air ballooning centre so I went to the Balloon Museum.

P7190012.jpg

If you squint a bit you can see that it looks like a balloon on its side as when it's being heated up.

Next stop was the Nuclear Museum to look at some missiles and planes.

Nuclearmuseum5.jpg

Nuclearmuseum3.jpg

Nuclearmuseum7.jpg

Nuclearmuseum6.jpg

Nuclearmuseum8.jpg

One thing I have noticed is that the people of Albuquerque like their puns like in the name of this business

P7190013.jpg

Or this business' advertising slogan

P7190018.jpg

Here's a picture for those that like big hooters

Owlcafe4.jpg

Is that a chain saw in his hand or is he just happy to see me?

Tallman1.jpg

There are a lot of Native Americans in New Mexico but I wouldn't like to cross the one who fired this arrow!

P7190016.jpg

More to come at the weekend

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I'm going to the top of Long's Peak in Colorado in 2 weeks....

Can we get Lefty here to go up to 14,255 ft?

Missed my chance to take Lefty to see the SR-71 at the Smithsonian a few weeks ago when I was there :(

Oh, also missed my chance to have Alicia recreate some of the mountainous terrain shots (like Kylie's) for a photo with Lefty. She was up for it at the time, but we aren't together anymore.

P9270103.JPG

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

:( British plastic or with two legs, It is always the same with those attractive girls..

PS. don't know if lill'LEFty really is up in the sky in the moment, bud if it is your wish we can change positions !?

...that's all a question of our mastermind behind that -Laura !

I've noticed that lots of houses here are built in the pueblo style with a flat roof.

P7190002.jpg

Ooo! A tram just like home.

P7190008.jpg

That's not my idea of a tram!

P7190006.jpg

With the Sandia mountains in the west most of Albuqerque is pretty flat.

P7190004.jpg

Time for lunch.

P8010001.jpg

And it's time for the Unser museum.

Here's a car built in the Lotus tradition, aiming for lightness. It has a titanium tubular chassis and an all-up weight of just 800 lbs.

P8010003.jpg

I've been outwedged!

P8010010.jpg

I've often fancied a V8 under the back.

P8010015.jpg

It may be New Mexico but it has a 16th century church.

P8020002.jpg

Some more of the old town.

P8020006.jpg

P8020004.jpg

Albuquerque is full of random works of art.

P8010021.jpg

P8020009.jpg

Still on Route 66 just like in Oklahoma.

P8020011.jpg

Time for a quick drink before leaving.

P8020016.jpg

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

need translation...

but she suffered from the grass is always greener syndrome...

Shouldn't have done it outside so much. :)

Now you are single again you have a whole world of opportunity open to you. :(

When he returns to the USA. There are 40 or so people on the list, he will make it to everyone eventually :blink:

Oh, and a respray would be great, he's looking like he's suffering there...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

..local paint-shop does have my B05 color code, so it's up on CEO/Moderators/Laura's decision. I've started my mechanic works/skills with model building & electrification of ordinary [stationary] toy cars :blink:

after some days , struggling with the German customer/Duane department in Frankfurt-Main...

...an small package arrived today !? hmmm......what could that be :sofa:

here it comes ....taaadaaaaaa!!! drum roll please

post-1463-1249989859_thumb.jpg

post-1463-1249990039_thumb.jpg

• Bibs unpinned this topic