free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 17 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

mention you can see LEFty in October. I'm sure every one would like to met such an enthusiastic couple -will you be there at the dunston? Should be possible to use two tourist-flights , and LEF community over here will find an way to arrange the transports on the event.... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

Hi everyone! I have been away from the Forum here of late... just busy with stuff!

I stopped in to have a check on Lefty and WOW! Man he gets around a bit. And the new paint etc... look great. This still need to be put into a book IMO...

Have fun everybody!

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

• 1 month later...

I am an interloper having being merged in from the Evora Forum and have just found this thread tonight. Great reading :coffee: Sadly, I have spent almost 3 hours reading about LEFty's travels. Not my intended task! All very amusing and a great thread. It gives a real sense of Lotus Family - or should that really be Esprit Family. :unworthy:

Hopefully new members like myself through Evora will become the same happy helpful bunch. Anyway post is to say that all the links I clicked on for LEFty's condensed photo album (to save reading 27 pages <_< )of his/her travels are disabled since the merge I suspect. Can anybody point me in the correct direction even if a bit late. Does anybody know the total mileage to date which I never saw once in the posts?

I could say I must get out more, but as I am stuck offshore somewhere off the Brazil coast a bit irrelevant. Means the trip has passed quicker :blush:

I would suggest I could do a photoshoot with LEFty in this unusual environment but as an Evora owner I would not feel worthy and it may be termed carjacking :respect:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

the posts in here are pure *diary* , the main-overview is on Lefty's personal page: http://www.lefty.lotusespritforum.com

But as there is still nothing after trip 14. -the overall mileage isn't correct..

Al, you'll be very welcome to LEFty for a while, just apply via the site so we've got your details on the list mate :blush:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks Gunter & Bibs for link etc. I'll get my name down sometime to give LEFty a marine 'cruise' & Brazilian adventure. :blush: I just hope that isn't car jacking? :unworthy:

Good work Laura. A lot of work has gone into that and I enjoyed the site. Love some of the comments. Don't worry about not being uip to date as you do seem to have one or two other things on these days! I know how long it takes just to read stuff never mind post!

Al.

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Has LEFty had a respray or is there more than 1 LEFty?

Edited by bingoking

Has LEFty had a respray or is there more than 1 LEFty?

Well having read all 27 pages last night he/she has indeed had a respray somewhere in deepest Germany I think it was. Seems that Bangladesh climate went for the delicate wee soul. Also seemed to have a full engine engine out, interior out, overhaul and suspension rebuild at the same time but I am not sure all original Lotus parts were used however in the rebuild. (I don't believe I have just written this :blush: )

I know i know -the rear suspension is now a little to stiff for perfect right-hight. And the wheels are 'wobbling' all around. But to solve this I would need wheels with different axle-diameter. And sorry for the 'not original' respray -my brush was not small enough to recreate the black waist-line, maybe someone can do that with a small black *Edding* and clearcoate once more !?

Positive point: the original side-marker and indicator lamps are back on. This makes it an US-version (what does not really match up with the RHD) -but it is as it was from the toystore. The black bumper is not there as i feared it would look to much black on one car. Again -this can be solved with an solvent-bath. As the body can be separated from the chassis from now on. So everybody can do an more perfect respray (preferable with an real *airbrush*-design, more detailed lines..)

Oh an yes -from point of Lotus and how often some of those is seen here -it is 'deepest Germany' :D

• 4 weeks later...

rumors say LEFty was going around in some sort of 'short-stop & return' for a wile... . So what's the route it's gone in between all those months ?? LEFty was in Finland, in GB, in Austria ,in GB again , in Austria and now for a short period of time in Germany again. Can/will someone involved post any evidence pictures of its journeys now ?

• 2 months later...

For all you LEFty fans wondering where the little one has been he did mothball himself for a bit of the winter and is just returning now to his travels again.

His website also has a new address which is http://www.thelotusforums.com/lefty I've set aside some time to update the site & as you will see his mileage list & new pages are starting to take shape.

He had a little postal problem where he took a detour on the way to the UK from Austria he ended up in Switzerland for sometime in the hands of a rogue postal service. We thought he was gone forever but thankfully he was returned to us & is on his way to his next host again.

Please bear with me while I get the pictures updated, there's currently 12 people on the waiting list to receive lefty so please feel free to add your name but please be patient he's probably the slowest Esprit on the road. LEFty's just topped the 90,000 mile mark & I'd love to see him hit 100,000 miles this year, that means people need to be quick in sending him on his way.

If anyone has any photo's of their visit from LEFty they haven't shared with me yet please send them to me at [email protected] so I can get the updated whilst I have a bit of free time.

LEfty arrived in sunny Kidderminster today, and already he has done some posing and met up with a celebrity, while visiting the under construction Stourvale line.

I will send some pictures over when I have downloaded them, but here is one to be going on with.

SNV31516.jpg

SNV31518.jpg

Here is LEFty on platform 1 of Stourvale Junction station with Tornado

Edited by gasmangt3

...ah! good to see it got into the hand of someone who could do a little improvement on the detailing :whistle:

My brush wasn't really up to date for that matter -:hrhr:

PS. *HotWheels*-special GT3 edition -or what :)

B05-paint isn't as strong as I had hoped for .. ? needs a touch-up with a *Lotus touch-up stick* on the RH front edge!?

as I say, Lefty's in good neighbourhood there !

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh.... good to see the little guy again! And what a great scale rail set to keep him company!

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

• 4 weeks later...

If he wants to go to the States this summer, I'll be happy to buy him a ticket (email already sent to website)

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

All of Ade's pictures can be found here:

http://www.thelotusforums.com/lefty/?cat=23

Quite a lot of people who are putting their names down now for LEFTy are letting me know about places they are going to in the next few months, just to let you know there are currently 13 people on the waiting list for a visit from LEFTy. Even if it's best case scenario & each person has two weeks with LEFTy and it only takes a week for him to travel from place to place that's about 10 months until he get to the last person on the list. In reality it's likely to take much longer!

The idea behind the travelling car is also to see more about where a person lives rather than where you go on holiday so please don't worry if he doesn't reach you before you go away somewhere, LEFty would much rather be shown around your local area than spend hours on a plane with you!

• 1 month later...

LEFty would much rather be shown around your local area than spend hours on a plane with you!

Well, to that end, LEFty arrived here yesterday, and I must say I am tickled to have him here in Canada! Having seen some of the really imaginative things LEFty has done (or had done to him, he he), I think I will just attempt to show some local sights.

He has met a few friends here at my house, and tomorrow he will see some sights in downtown Toronto: a baseball game is on the schedule. I had considered attending the Red Bull Air Race in Windsor, Ontario, ( three hour drive) on Sunday, but the weather is forecast to be a bit duff, so that is an unlikely event. I will get him down to Niagara Falls, though: perhaps I can arrange a nice room with a blue Europa?

Having said all that, LEFty will be flying with me during my all night Calgary turn (Toronto- Calgary - Toronto) in an Airbus 320 on Friday 11th... and 12th... and 13th... echh. Hopefully one good pic will come out of that. So, it still looks like a good 24 hours in an airplane for LEFty. :)

post-4092-034867700 1275703759.jpg

post-4092-027805500 1275703786.jpg

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

• Bibs unpinned this topic