free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 19 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

Great pictures Yeti, just what we want to see, LEFty enjoying the local sights :)

Gunter (or anyone that has pictures to send me), if you want to send me pics please just send me the actual pictures rather than pictures pasted in to a word document or .pdf, this not only creates unnecessary work for both of us but means I have smaller & lower resolution photos to work with. .jpeg .png .bmp .gif would be just fine. My email address, as you can probably guess, is [email protected], I only want a dozen or so pictures from each place LEFty visits so it shouldn't be a problem to send these to me via email.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

so you don't need an 'documentary' actually ?

..as for the picture-ID /name, or location (or probbably the background story on every one..?)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I don't need a story about each picture, just a location or brief description if it isn't obvious. As I said I don't want a 100 pictures just a few so that shouldn't be too difficult.

If you want to see all the pictures from LEFtys visit to Norway, go to thi URL: http://www.meek.nu/lotus/LEFty.html

Bjorn

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/

Where;s LEfty atm?

I'd like to take her flying!

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

"..I’m bored of going over it again and again so when I have some time I will sort through your many many pictures and find the ones with LEFty in and post a couple up. .."

List of pictures with LEFty in it:

*Berlin_Checkpoint-Charlie7.JPG*, *Berlin_Daniel3.jpg*, *Berlin_Potsdamer-Platz1.JPG*, *Berlin_Potsdamer-Platz4.JPG*, *Berlin_Siegessäule2.JPG* -all out of the ‘Berlin’ folder.. .

*Baruth.JPG*, *BILD0313.JPG*, *BILD0326.JPG*, *BILD0335.JPG*, *Bon voyage.JPG*, *it's lil'LEFty.jpg*, *Potsdam_Alter-Markt1.JPG*, *Potsdam_Glienicker-Brücke2.JPG*, *Potsdam_Glienicker-Brücke8.jpg*, *Potsdam_Lange-Brücke.JPG*, *Potsdam_Sanssouci3.JPG*, *Potsdam_Steuben4.jpg*, *Potsdam_VW-Design-Center3.jpg* -all out oft he ‚Potsdam‘ folder.. .

*Stahnsdorf5.JPG* -out oft he ‚Stahnsdorf War Cemetary’ folder

So it sounds in fact some kind of rude if you say there is not enough LEFty-pictures in my folders that I’ve send ! I’ve made me much work to go around all those places, and have a thought on every picture (as you can see in the picture notes *.txt)

You even have got notes for the underlinig of every picture –so what’s going on ?! I have no problem with being overlooked or deleted –to be honest, as long as you say that you simply not want those pictures. :getmecoat:

Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Gunter - Move on. This is meant to be a bit of fun, you're making it a pain in the ass.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Gunter you've selectively quoted part of a personal email that I sent you that's taken completely out of context. As Bibs said this is meant to be fun I'm not going to discuss this any further with you. I've not even looked at the pictures you've sent me, I don't have to time to devote to it at the moment.

I'm not going to discuss this any further, we are talking about a model car here not anything of great importance or significance and I'd like it to go back to being a laugh and a bit of fun!

Just received Lefty! Let's see what kind of trouble we can get into!

My previous girlfriend wanted to recreate the Himalayas shot that kylie posted... too late for that...:(

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last I checked the Himalayas had more than two peaks to choose from.:whistle:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

So here is some of the beautiful Colorado scenery...

These are some of the mountains that LEFty would have been able to drive through... Had he been sent around the time I signed up for his visit...

P9270104.JPG

That was the plan anyway ;)

Actually it may be a good thing that LEFty is a bit late, he might have been tempted by the landscape and run away with a belly dancing troupe.

Lefty%20hills.jpg

Leftyhills%202.jpg

Or she might have run off with LEFty instead of her ex husband's best man :rolleyes:

One of the ones that got away.... :whistle:

LEFty is also a bit late to go up to the top of a 14,255ft tall mountain (usually do that in Aug), which I had hoped to do.

IMG_2252.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 4 weeks later...

Pure gold?!?! Awesome!! I always knew we should send him recorded delivery!!

PS If polishing makes the little fella look like this then crack on :D

goldingots.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So he'll be matte gold... I should have polished the surface after removing the paint, then he would be shiny. But since he was plated after bead blasting..... he'll be matte gold (very rare and desirable though, I have been told).

I did leave the signatures on his undercarriage, and I might add my own with the laser welder.

I had contemplated making a titanium SE wing and then laser welding it on, but that would be difficult to weld with the LEFty being made out of un-titanium.

I do still need to paint the little detail features.

Here are some pics of LEFty with some new friends

Vulcan Grey Esprit SE

IMG_3111.jpg

Persian Blue Exige 240

IMG_3106.jpg

Blue and Yellow Exige

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

IMG_3106.jpg

So, Travis, what did the little feller do to deserve a grilling under the klieg lights?:sofa:

Nice work on the "resto.":thumbup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

That gold matte reminds me of this pic of the new Elan...

ring_2010.jpg

Evora NA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still in Colorado I believe but it's just (or soon) on it's way to South Dakota :)

Evora NA

LEFty had one last adventure with me.

Went snowshoeing near Granby Colorado this weekend.

3 Days of snowshoeing, snowboarding, and staying in a cabin with 10 other people.

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

LEFty followed me in a limbo maneuver under this fallen tree in the stream bed

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

And now I will send him to Gavin.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE