free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 20 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
kyliesmith.com

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

I was starting to wonder where it'd got too!

Just as a general reminder (no offence Travis!) the idea with LEFty is to show his the local sights, take a few snaps & get him on the way as quickly as possible. If everyone keeps hold of the little traveller for a few months it'll take 11 years until he gets to the the last person who is currently on the list!!

Don;t worry about taking him on holiday or to exotic lands, LEFty wants to see where you live, your local hot spots & join in with your hobbies and interests.

Lastly, don't forget to email me your top ten(ish) pictures with a brief description so I can update the LEFty site.

:thumbup:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well LEFty FINALLY arrived from Travis yesterday. His extended stay in Colorado has caused his visit to South Dakota to clash with a business trip. I'm leaving tomorrow for about a month, perfect timing don't you think?. I have decided not to delay his future adventures with other forum members and so will be sending him on to Tony before I leave. I managed to take just one note worthy photograph to document his two night stay with me.

Cheers, Gavin

Here's my one photograph to show that LEFty visited South Dakota for just over 24hrs. Kind of sucks when you've waited so long for him to arrive but what can you do.

DSC01369.jpg

Cheers, Gavin

Nice pic Gavin, I'm sure we can arrange for LEFty to make a return trip to you :)

Thanks Laura I think it would be very educational for him. I had trips planned to take him to Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Deadwood and if there was time Devil's Tower. There's lots to see and do in my neck of the woods :)

Cheers, Gavin

LEFty lends some mojo to my freshly wet-sanded filler caps, courtesy of MikeH and Tony K.

post-6978-0-71861000-1299470272_thumb.jp

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

nice to see , LEFty is still going round !

Seems that the extension from a 2 week visit to just a full month in Colorado helped a lot on that.

Travis, that 70th style *goldish disco-flitter* look is really something special. :sorcerer: So it will hopefully last notable longer than the ordinary 'wet-paint' type. Question is how long it does last without a good clean on this more matt surface ?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Seems that the extension from a 2 week visit to just a full month in Colorado

I think it was more like a little over 4 months (October 6 2010 - February 24 2011) and screwed up his visit to South Dakota.

Cheers, Gavin

even if Laura made clear instructions on the time windows prevously, it dosn't matter after all I would say... as long as it helps to keep him 'on road' a little longer :bounce:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Bump - Who's got the little fella then eh?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I'm on the list as well- thought I'd see him early this year, but haven't seen or heard a thing.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

I think he's in LA with DB doing a screen test for the next Bond flic.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

The paperwork suggests he's been in Toledo for a long time! I've chased up :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

C'mon, Tony, snap those pics already! :D

77 Esprit S1

Rebirth in progress

"the $6 m. car!, we can rebuild it, better, stronger,.....faster!"

94 RX7 R2, Mazdaspeed bits

2016 NB Focus RS

1944 Willys MB rescue

You know how he likes to collect Esprits. Perhaps he's trying to hang on to it for his annual car gathering the weekend after next.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Tony's been asked to send LEFty back to Gavin, that's the plan.

Evora NA

I'll be home on August 10th. If LEFty is there when I get home I'll spend a couple of days showing him the sights and then send him on.

Cheers, Gavin

If anyone speak to Tony K sometime soon can you ask him to send LEFty on. I've not heard from him for a few months and I've asked him to send the little yellow car back to Gavin a long time ago now and he's had it since early March. :(

Evora NA

Bibs,

Tony has not yet sent him to me. I left home last week for a month long trip so I did email Tony and told him not to send it to me and go back to whoever was originally next.

I'll settle for the one photo of him with my license plate.

Edited by GavinS1

Cheers, Gavin

Sorry I've been away from the forum so much, and I'm terribly sorry that I still have LEFty

I realize I'm a candidate for the LEFty "Hall of Shame" here. :(

Please, to whom should I send him?!? He's wrapped up and ready to go.

- Tony

Seriously, I'm terribly, terribly sorry that I've had LEFty all this time. I'd like to make it up to everyone. Someone please tell me how I may (in addition to just sending LEFty on).

My apologies to you all. I'm very ashamed of this.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Right, now you must say 5 Hail Danys and watch 10 Swizz Beatz videos in succession for your penance! :popo:

:D

77 Esprit S1

Rebirth in progress

"the $6 m. car!, we can rebuild it, better, stronger,.....faster!"

94 RX7 R2, Mazdaspeed bits

2016 NB Focus RS

1944 Willys MB rescue

Not to me Tony!

All this time and you haven't posted even one photo, OK well one via Moxie. Good God man what have you been doing with him?

Cheers, Gavin