free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 22 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
kyliesmith.com

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

Yes, please. I found mention of a gent named Rui, but there's more than one in Portugal. Thanks.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

so all the chassis screws are still in there ?

..and rear axis shaft & wheel is not fallen off :D

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

He's been somewhere between NYC and Portugal for some time now!!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

LEfty will be making another appearance at the TLF party, then he's on his bike to Portugal.

I remember the days when you used to have to pass on LEFty within two weeks, now it's two years! People on the end of the list will have died of old age by the time he arrives! :P

Agreed! Can we please get LEFTy back on track, before he risks being irrelevant! Or has that already happened?

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

he will end as many other lotus ..in a shed , or on the scrapyard somewhere

Scrapyard? Pshaw!

I've purchased my Lotus-branded rusty flogging chains in order to self-inflict the proper punishment and humiliation for being so lazy as to hoard LEfty for so long (OK, I actually lost him for awhile) and he will be joining me in first class (a first for me) as I finally cash in some of my 800K+ air miles and travel to the TLF party in style. If it's a 747-400, then I'll photo him on the bar while I down a Vesper like Bond in Quantum of Solace. Otherwise I'll set up my iPhone timer to photo him on my chest as I drool on myself asleep somewhere over Halifax. He will also forego the scrapyard in favor of Pepe's in Norwich with me, Kimbers, and MJK as we (I hope) indulge in some bubbly and I at least will speak ill of Dany Bahar and his recently departed and overfed pitbull (whose name I shall not utter) until someone other than just me laughs.

Also, shouldn't others in positions of administrative authority be held accountable for this horrid lapse in LEfty travel, particularly when they had him in their clutches almost a full year ago? Ahem...

post-6978-0-83858800-1353032782.jpg

Personally, I find this behavior inexcusable and am embarrassed to even be associated with such people if it weren't for their being awesomely righteous dudes.

Excellent! Let's get the little bugger back on the road and stir up some interest amongst all the folks who've joined since LEFty's ...er... "vacation".

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

T-SHIRT?...

I Had LEfty for over a Year and All I Got Was this Lousy T-Shirt

Either that or...

I Blame Bibs!

If you had LEFty for over a year, I have some other ideas for a T-shirt logo... but I probably shouldn't suggest them ;)

Sad, but true. Sadder that more than one of us has had him for over a year at one point or another. So only right that he comes back on the scene in style. A trip to Hethel, a TLF dinner, the works.

Yeah, he was pretty smeared up when I got him from Tony K. Should I repaint him gold or Solar Yellow, or are we going for patina here?

R U bringing him over for the LEGS dinner next week at the Wichery near Edinburgh Castle? Drinks in the Royal Mile before and after? Lefty is close to Lotus royalty and almost as old as the Castle. I am sure with 8 Lotus owners there inc. 3 Esprit owners we can make Lefty guest of Honour. At least he will not eat and drink much!

Not sure (i think not) that he has ever been to Scotland before so about time.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

LEfty will indeed be there. I say we make him pay the bill.

Even getting a plug in at the Darts!

photo-23.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

LEfty visits George Square in Glasgow on his way to the TLF party and then on to Portugal...

post-6978-0-65417600-1354839900.jpg

Don't leave him alone in Glasgow, you might come back and find his wheels missing!

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

:no

2 week limit Matt, not 2 years! 

e52cf7dd21c3261b.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I miss my little friend ..the big yellow brother wants to see him rolling around  -LEFty , where are you :huh:

what I don't understand ..wasn't MJK there to sighn LEFty too  ..so now it is *DocBundy & MJK* there on the chassis -and LEFty was allready in UK   ..was -or 'is'  ..what happend there afterwards ??