free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

Great stuff :)

For me this is just bizarre as i actually bought that little car and gave it to Bibs

to put on the stand when we were at the alexandra palace show. I thought the

stand could do with a few model Esprits on it, and from memory that little fella

was a couple of quid when i hooked it out of a box of toy cars on a dealer stand.

Now, whenever it comes back to our stand it will be star of the show,

not bad for an old

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

what would be good is if there is a card or paper or something in there also with a post mark stamp from the area you are in, that way its got a stamped record of its travels also, most post offices will just stamp a postal mark on stuff for you if you ask nicely. it could sort of be the cars passport or make a passport for the car!!

Iain,

No pressure, but you are the next recipient :D

It took almost a month for LEFty to get to me from the UK, but hopefully it will make the trip to you faster.

I know, I know - it's like I've won the lottery! :devil:

I know who's next too... :devil:

Iain

Kylie, he's back to the UK now to get some miles under his belt but you're next on the list :devil:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Coolio, he's not been the fastest Esprit in the world yet!

Si, there's a 'certificate' in with LEFty as he makes his travels to show who has had him, where he's been etc and postmarks on it are a good idea :devil:

The latest leg of his journey has been 11,212 miles, total travelled = 15,615 miles! Engine is run in, time for a first service I think!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Let's not forget the Alabama stop! NC was just a short stint and 1 days mail... seems he is going for a bit of a zig zag ride! He will def. be the highest milage Esprit on the planet when we are done here! Should be the center display of the Lotus Factory Museum - just inside the door!

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, where has this thread been hiding?!?

I am PMing Bibs to be put on the list, too! :P

I don't mind being later on down the line (like when the weather is warmer); I can show LEFty around Detroit, the Lake Erie Islands, Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, and of course the home of the finest collection of three S1s in the world. :2guns::D

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

15,615 :P

Evora NA

So. I am sitting out on the deck and I hear the crisp note of a stainless steel twin exhaust, twin-overhead cam engine, compression braking as it came down our street, the carb inlets howling as they 'competed' for air.

Neighbours came outside, house lights went on: 'LEFty' was in Brisbane, Australia.

Many thanks to Talon for great care. I could see that LEFty's tyres were heated up on the US roads.

This morning, we went into trendy West End, Brisbane for brunch:

img0179ny3.jpg

img0181yt7.jpg

Carolyn and Bonnie are the glamour models.

Next, a trip to Kangaroo Point for a scenic view of Brisbane city:

img0185tn9.jpg

Canyonaro' Lefty!

img0186mi3.jpg

Tomorrow - Gold Coast!

Iain & LEFty :lol:

Edited by iainskea
  • Bibs unpinned this topic