free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

LEFty's journey from the US left the rear suspension sagging a bit - so off to the workshop:

img0193ll7.jpg

Every well-appointed workshop needs a manual and good tools:

img0195mk7.jpg

Now how does it come apart? :lol: Maybe if I have a drink and think on it...

img0200el3.jpg

Iain & LEFty.

ps. what a great looking S2! - you should check out this topic: (shamless i know... :) )

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=13908

Edited by iainskea

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

There's definitely something up with the rear suspension. She needed an alignment when she got to the states, there was a bad pull to the left. LEFty also had a couple paint blemishes that needed attending... I wonder if there is a new design Lotus suspension available for her?

It is a Lotus after all...

(Lots of trouble, usually serious)

:lol::)

Ian, do what you want ,but please -don't hit it with the hammer there on the table...! :lol:

PS. i'm also on the list, and i know where my first trip goes -a bit of *secret agent* playground area around (we have some of them... )

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Here's one of LEFty getting some serious drift on the Gold Coast motorway B)

img0210cv2.jpg

Ahhhh, the coast :)

img0213lh5.jpg

LEFty makes an impressive entry to the beach (don't worry - he got a good underbody rinse and dry!)

img0214ib0.jpg

The crowds (girls) were intrigued... :blushing:

img0216vo8.jpg

Oh to be young again...

LEFty is heading off around the world tomorrow, after a quick stop in at my work... maybe a race is on the cards.

Iain & LEFty :)

Edited by iainskea

Brilliant pics Iain, great work dude :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Is there a list of places been and places (members) still to come. ie an itinary for the next few months?

Great pics Iain - you've really shown LEFty the sights.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've got a list of another 15 destinations so far. I'm going to minimise journey time from now on rather than maximise mileage so he spends less time in an envelope and more time sightseeing :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

As a treat, LEFty got a tour of the formidable F-111 aircraft.

img0222dg7.jpg

(this is our PR jet, so unclassified stuff - thankyou to the guys at 23SQN for their help)

LEFty taking an interest in everything

img0225ws7.jpg

'lil Iain had a blast

img0227rw2.jpg

LEFty is off to sunny England now, to the charming care of Ian May (mayesprit). Good luck and farewell from Brisbane, Australia. :)

Iain

LEFty is off to sunny England now, to the charming care of Ian May (mayesprit). Good luck and farewell from Brisbane, Australia. :)

I will shortley inform the postman of the impending arrival of a VIP (very important parcel) and duely lay out the red carpet.

Ready and waiting

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

so LEFty is not only the most traveled from now on, it's the fastest! Or did you not go on a speed trip into the sky with the PR-jet !?

Naaa, no flying as it was too hard trying to glue on the Velcro and miniature parachute. Also, LEFty is so up himself, the last thing he needs is a shot of Mach 2.5.

img0228sm0.jpg

212 Miles while with me, and 10,272 to Devon. :) If my understanding about time zones is right, LEFty should arrive in Devon sometime around last Thursday. :)

Iain

@Ian; does that mean you can go back in life, if you turn around in the right way :)

Edited by G

He's back down south next to Kylie then over the ditch to Aus afterwards then we'll head to Asia and back to Europe/USA after that!

Evora NA

i hope you all know what is possible in medicine nowadays :)

always do a Karyogramm blood-test , and find out if it is a XX or XY chromosome :)

Not sure of postage time between Brisbane and Devon. Guessing at 10-14 days so LEFty should arrive sometime this week with me maybe.

LEFty has arrived safe and well - more pics to follow.

post-910-1200820814.jpg

Edited by mayesprit

LEFty was given his space on the drive next to my Esprit as soon as he arrived to make him feel right at home.

post-910-1200829465.jpg

Next up was atrip to work with me - We stopped off at the Driving Test Centre for a photocall.

post-910-1200829549.jpg

Over this weekend I have taken him on visits to Newton Abbot Race Course

post-910-1200829642.jpg

And a trip to Paignton Zoo with daughter Katie.

post-910-1200829720.jpg

And just happened to be passing the Ferrari dealership so a pic with Jean Alesi's F1 car was in order.

post-910-1200829820.jpg

Nice one Ian, he looks right at home in the driveway, that's a cracking pic :welcome:

That's 25,887 miles so far! I think a million miles was a tad optimistic with our postal service. We either need to fit a turbo or manage our expectations with little LEFty.

Off to New Zealand next to play with his Sport350 big brother which is the last big journey, the rest will be more manageable :)

Evora NA

• Bibs unpinned this topic