free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

LEFty is carefully wrapped and will be entering a Post Box tomorrow heading you're direction Kylie.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

LEFty is carefully wrapped and will be entering a Post Box tomorrow heading you're direction Kylie.

Woohooo!! LEFty arrived safe and well, we cracked open a bottle of champers to celebrate its arrival, mind you LEFty was thirsty after the journey. Pics to follow tom am off to get some ZzzzzZZzzz!! If you dont mind I would like to have the car for a week before I send off. It can join big beast when hes home on the weekend - hopefully!! I will get some nice shots for sure :whistle:

350.gifNo.23

Glad he's landed safe and sound. Keep hold of him Kylie until he meets his big bro, the 350 and I'll send you the address he needs to go to then :whistle:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ok, first set of pictures of LEFtys arrival in Auckland. As you can see it arrived in style, when only the best will do!

Sideviewofdeliverytruck.jpg

We pressed the button and down came the loading ramp, OMG there she was looking stunning in yellow. We eased her out and proceeded to unload her down the ramp.

LEFtyintruck.jpg

Clearance was a bit tight at the rear and the front so we found a ramp to add.

Leftyontheramp.jpg

bottomoframpwithunloadingblock.jpg

LEFty was out and she met a kiwi V8 Esprit they were best mates by the end of the night.

carsbytruck.jpg

Time for a drink so out came the champers :D

LEFtydrinkschampers.jpg

Now for the truth.....when things go bad :D

Whenthingsgobad.jpg

So hopefully will have more shots over the weekend :)

Edited by kyliesmith.com
350.gifNo.23

i thougt Lefty has got her wheel problem fixed ??

Kylie, as you are actually involved in "some servicing" - do what you can to hold her on the road :D

nice shots , and i think Lotus owners all have those special kind of fine humor. Well done friends!

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

:) perhaps it does get a hammering in transit, I could find it a small plastic box with a blanky...?

Good idea!! -as long as it is not suspectet as *mysterious secret package* and banned from international transport. Big-Brother is allways watching you in modern days...! B)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Awsome phots! Glad to see he has arrived somewhat safe... Guess he just has that well known Lotus Lean going on?

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

More pics..... :) We went over to see the progress on LEFtys big brother this morning which is about 40mins drive from home, so on the way there I took a detour to down town Auckland along the water front to show LEFty the sights.

I showed lil LEFty the Americas Cup boat sheds in the viaduct where all the action and drama is. Not to mention some private ships!!

TeamNZcomplex.jpg

TeamNZcomplex2.jpg

Auckland Sky Tower in the background.

Viaductfeb08.jpg

Below is a view of Rangitoto Island which is about 1000yrs old - not active anymore but a little close to home!!

rangitotofeb08.jpg

Introduced LEFty to big brother which he will coming home next week, so they will have a bit of catching up to do and more pics to follow.

caronhoistFeb08.jpg

350.gifNo.23

Great pics Kylie, how is his suspension? Do you think the garage may be able to help?

Evora NA

Great pics Kylie, how is his suspension? Do you think the garage may be able to help?

His suspension is not in good shape but still manages to dart across the dining table just fine. Its got a slight pull to right :)

The garage just might be able to help there :)

350.gifNo.23

Ian I am pretty sure its a Triumph, he has a thing for them and its been in there for quite a while now. He's got some interesting bits and pieces in there and always worth a look to see whats new in there.

He looks after DeLoreans, Lambo, Lotus, Alfa, new and historic racing cars etc. But youll mainly find Lotus's being worked on nine times out of 10. :)

350.gifNo.23

Nice to see LEFty being so well looked after and entertained Kylie :)

Yep red car in background is Triumph Stag

post-910-1201936905.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Bibs unpinned this topic