free hit
counters
LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit! - Page 9 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEfty, the worlds smallest but most travelled Esprit!

Awesome! I'm hoping it won't be too cold either... It just snowed 50cm here in 2 days though!... absolutely brutal... but it's nice and warm today..

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks @LotusX180R for sending LEFty home and for the wonderful package too. I've got the t-shirt on right now and the posters are very nice  Who's next? Please PM me your details and I'll wo

LEFcar?

Time to revive this thread ! ! !     In the spring of 2011, Patty and I were fortunate to have LEFty. . .      These are the highlights of the pictures we took one cold and sunny day:        

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Lefty has arrived!!!! He's safe and sound... and I'm quite impressed with the interrior on him! I'll post pics right away!

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Awesome!!!

Bibs, if there is nobody in line next, I wouldn't mind sowing him some more of Charlotte while he is in the realtive area. If not, no biggie, I understand he has other places to see :)

As 'he' does not stop on his world tour to visit the JCR'08. What is with meet some "Krauts" end of may ?! The LCD does have an Berlin-Event gathering this time. And i can show him some historic-political places, right for a spy car... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Great news that LEFty is with you Mark.

I must say that I am really intrigued by his visit and keen to see some pics. 'Medicine Hat, Alberta' is the coolest name for a town I have ever heard!

Iain :)

I've got pics... i'm gonna try again to upload.. .but last night i couldn't get them up on the site.

I decided to use photobucket.... here's lefty downtown:DSCF0930.jpgand here's Lefty on Daves hand in front of the Medicine Hat sign:DSCF0938.jpg

Edited by Mark T-C

Great shots! It looks like better weather than the time I was in the Great White North. Still doing the low rider thing at the rear I see :sick: .

Where is Lefty is off to next? It would be great to get him in Sweet Home Alabama in time for the Barber race in July! there will be a good number of old Lotus race cars there to get photos with...

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

I've just sat here and read this entire post. Bibs, if it can be worked out, if I end up going to Melbourne to look at the '89 I'm considering, LEFty could get to WA, fly with me to Melbourne, tool around in the mountains on a test drive, and then fly back to WA with me. That might be a fun trip for him. Just the timing might be awkward.

Can't remember who said it, but there was a suggestion that LEFty bent his axle while in the Kylie Pass in NZ. Shouldn't that have straightened his axle? :rolleyes:

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've been very lax in posting pictures... so here's a few more:DSCF0931.jpgDSCF0933.jpgDSCF0945.jpgDSCF0949.jpgDSCF0955.jpgDSCF0956.jpg

What a great thread - lego men had me P*ss*ing my sides......

If Lefty is up for it and available, he can get a big service @ Bell and Colvill, and he's got a seat in a 2-Eleven for a two week jaunt in a 2-Eleven down to Spain; he's worthy of a lap round Ascari.

Car leaves 12th June........

Scott.

I am actually patiently awaiting a note from bibs that my time is up... I wanted to take him to dinosaur provincial park.. but havent had the time.. perhaps I can make that arrangement this weekend....

Love the album Bibs, great to have all the pictures in one place.

Towards the end of the year how about someone compiling a 'Best Of LEFty's Travels' calander that we could download, print out and then hang on the wall to enjoy through 2009? With a couple of pictures per month we could see LEFty at his best in quite a few locations!

There must be suitable calander templates to download somewhere on the web.

Malc

The following pictures may contain partial nudity.... hehe.. I know the shots are a bit risque, but the important bits are covered in whipped cream.... Dodgy thought... since we can't take it to the mountains.... lets bring some snow capped "tips" to the car!leftyboobies.jpg

Hehehehe... happy to be of service!

• Bibs unpinned this topic