free hit
counters
Working on getting 'approval' - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stephenbirdsall

Working on getting 'approval'

After reading the book I bought to read on holiday cover to cover, I thought I'd break my wife in gently to the idea of an Esprit and asked her which model she liked the best.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

lol - good luck on finding a soft top Esprit :ph34r: There were just a handful of aftermarket conversions done. Now color on the other hand... that's easy to change!

Hmmm... beware of Greeks bearing gifts!

Penny was surprisingly supportive of the Esprit ownership idea too. A month or so after the deal had been done all became clear when she arrived home armed with a very expensive piece of jewellery.

Hmmm... beware of Greeks bearing gifts!

Penny was surprisingly supportive of the Esprit ownership idea too. A month or so after the deal had been done all became clear when she arrived home armed with a very expensive piece of jewellery.

:sofa:

As a biker my Mrs was only too glad for me to sell the 2 wheels for 4! Despite the price increase she actually stated, after I had hinted that I had nearly killed myself many times (on the trip to meet Bibs and everyone at Stanstead), she actually said.."Why don't you sell the bike and get that Esprit you've always wanted!" :wacko:

GET IN THERE! So the motto is buy a motorbike, hint that you're gonna die horribly (and are under life insured) and the Esprit will shortly follow! :wacko:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I bought my wife a Loft Conversion, and with the spare change from the (generous) home improvement loan I paid cash for the Esprit :-)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

:wacko:

hmmm - I changed girlfriends right about the time I got the Esprit... :sofa:

Ha ha same here now have a new girlfriend to match the esprit :wacko:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Tony (Loteuk) always gives good advice. Over a period of time, keep dropping into the conversation something about buying an Esprit one day, but always follow it up with a 'no, gone off that idea' or had a change of heart. Then a week/month or two later say 'you know, i've been thinking its not such a bad idea after all' then later, 'no don't fancy one really' and then later still 'well maybe it would be good' ect ect

Secret is, prod, prod, prod but gently at first till she comes round to the idea.

Don't know if it will work a second time around though - just advertised mine to upgade hopefully!!!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Microlight idea worked for me too :cool: - The misses even coughed up for a few lessons just before my 30th as well.

Safer, more responsible, more social etc... Esprit went through no problem.

Hmmm - thinking about it, the Merc AMG I bought her might have helped a bit too :D

As a biker my Mrs was only too glad for me to sell the 2 wheels for 4! Despite the price increase she actually stated, after I had hinted that I had nearly killed myself many times (on the trip to meet Bibs and everyone at Stanstead), she actually said.."Why don't you sell the bike and get that Esprit you've always wanted!" :wub:

GET IN THERE! So the motto is buy a motorbike, hint that you're gonna die horribly (and are under life insured) and the Esprit will shortly follow! :D

I've already been banned from ever owning a motor bike - something to do with me going over the handlebars on a pushbike on a vast number of occassions, mainly as a kid, but not all. :D

Have you thought about upgrading the wife? :D

Nah, not interested.